The Student Room Group

who else found English Literature Paper 1 hard

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Did you do Christmas carol if you did could you check my previous comment please.:smile:
Original post by Chynabenae
Literally same, I just rambled on about the dagger speech
I found the Macbeth question quite hard? I’ve been crying ever since

Yeah i was pretty gutted too but its only 40% and you've defo gained marks in the first part, we still have time for paper 2 which is a full 60% so no worries for now!
Original post by Mrithika2
I didn't find the questions hard but I ran out of time :frown:. I wrote 3 pages for Macbeth and 1 and a quarter for A Christmas Carol. Hopefully the content on my Christmas Carol essay won't let me down too much.

I wrote around 3 for Macbeth and I do Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde sorry x I’m so scared what grade boundaries will be like now
Original post by Michelle0207
Yeah i was pretty gutted too but its only 40% and you've defo gained marks in the first part, we still have time for paper 2 which is a full 60% so no worries for now!

I just want that to lift my grade up soooo much, I need it to
What were the questions for Christmas Carol and Romeo&Juliet? Got my Y10 mocks in a couple of weeks...my school might use same questions
The Jekyll and Hyde question was good but the Macbeth I didn’t have a clue what to write ... any suggestion on grade boundaries for a 6 or a 7 ?

Nwhat w
An inspector calls wasn't terrible... Not great, but not the worst
Jekyll and Hyde was a curse upon this planet.
Original post by Katieansell3453
The Jekyll and Hyde question was good but the Macbeth I didn’t have a clue what to write ... any suggestion on grade boundaries for a 6 or a 7 ?

Yeah I like the Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde however I should have wrote more and I have no idea I’ll look x
You probably will find it online soon, i didnt do Romeo and Juliet but A Christmas Carol was about the Ghosts influence on scrooges change/redemption and the extract was from Stave 1 where scrooge was like you are fettered and he met Marleys ghost etc
Reply 30
Macbeth was too easy. Hyperbolic language in the extract, listed that. Also Macbeth’s bravery and courage is being shown as well as his strength in comparison to everyone else as ‘all were too weak’ or suen like that which could give connotations of him being described as god, foreshadowing how he interferes w the divine right of kings hierarchical structure when committing regicide, this leading to his eventual downfall and would what a Jacobean audience would wanna see. Also talked ab ambition, guilt and triumph as well as his naive nature falling under the influence of the supernatural and LM. I predicted the q to be ab a theme and it surprised me but I linked everything together w the right quotes so.. plus you gotta link it back to the q too and you do that by illustrating how his ambition originated by his sinful temptations lead to the deaths of many due to his desires, and the guilt is representative of his downfall etc. etc.

Pride and prejudice was too hard looool, didn’t do too well tbf, winged it a bit but I’m being too harsh on myself, Macbeth was a gift for me 😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lozzakmt
I blacked out in the first 10 mins but I finally finished, I cried so much in the end it's so overwhelming I don't know whether I did well or not but I hopefully did well *fingerscrossed*

This is exactly what happened to me. I couldn't even think straight the question was so easy but I went blank. Time was ticking and everyone was writing. I started writing like 15mins in and who knows what I wrote. Ha I thought I wasn't going to cry but as soon as I walked out and started talking to my friend, I welled up.

I thought it was so limiting like ive been revising so fecken hard for a hard question and then macbeth as violent comes up,, like uhHhh
Original post by HateSchx
This is exactly what happened to me. I couldn't even think straight the question was so easy but I went blank. Time was ticking and everyone was writing. I started writing like 15mins in and who knows what I wrote. Ha I thought I wasn't going to cry but as soon as I walked out and started talking to my friend, I welled up.

Happened to me as well, I thought “violence? What the hell? What quotes have I got to back that one up?”
Done macbeth and a christmas carol, Both questions were hard lol.
Original post by ajsar
Did you do Christmas carol if you did could you check my previous comment please.:smile:
Original post by Ella6147
I thought it was so limiting like ive been revising so fecken hard for a hard question and then macbeth as violent comes up,, like uhHhh

I’ve revised SO MUCH like good quotes for lady Macbeth, guilt, kingship etc and I just didn’t know how to link it I just mostly talked about the dagger speech, urm banquo and other ****
Im such and idiot. I practiced an easy for it and completely forget everything. As soon as I walked out of the exam hall I remembered everything for that theme. All the contexts and points. Ughhhhhhhhhh
Happened to me as well, I thought “violence? What the hell? What quotes have I got to back that one up?”
Reply 37
Christmas Carol was easy
Everyone keeps saying they wrote stuff about that . But like wasn't the question about how Macbeth is a violent character. Please tell me I didn't read the question wrong??
I’ve revised SO MUCH like good quotes for lady Macbeth, guilt, kingship etc and I just didn’t know how to link it I just mostly talked about the dagger speech, urm banquo and other ****

Sameee i had not time to answer the inspector calls one becausee of the stupid porter question likee how is it fair romeo and juliet got juliet and we get the least important character.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending