The Student Room Group

Not turning up to a level exam

I was wondering should I let my school know that I won't be attending the exam. I don't want to apply for special circumstances. The a level isn't something I'm interested in and I don't want to receive a grade. Going into the exam would likely result in a breakdown and I want to avoid it at all costs.
Original post by EsmeLoe
I was wondering should I let my school know that I won't be attending the exam. I don't want to apply for special circumstances. The a level isn't something I'm interested in and I don't want to receive a grade. Going into the exam would likely result in a breakdown and I want to avoid it at all costs.

So why did you bother doing the last year of studying for it then? Like what a waste, and what will be the knock on effect of not taking it?

Just say you don't want to take the exam, you can't be forced to take it. But I personally think you should really think about what you've been doing and where you're going in the future if you're making last minute changes like this.
Reply 2
I wasn't allowed to drop the subject because to go to my sixth form you have to study a certain amount of hours. The school and i came up with a solution I dropped out of the class on the condition id teach myself in a separate room. I have thought about it and it's caused a great amount of stress because I feel like I've disappointed people in my life because of my decision. However I'm putting my mental health first. Me being okay is worth more than putting myself through exams and that is something I've only just realised. I never had a passion or liking toward the subject I chose it because I needed another subject.
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
So why did you bother doing the last year of studying for it then? Like what a waste, and what will be the knock on effect of not taking it?

Just say you don't want to take the exam, you can't be forced to take it. But I personally think you should really think about what you've been doing and where you're going in the future if you're making last minute changes like this.
Original post by EsmeLoe
I wasn't allowed to drop the subject because to go to my sixth form you have to study a certain amount of hours. The school and i came up with a solution I dropped out of the class on the condition id teach myself in a separate room. I have thought about it and it's caused a great amount of stress because I feel like I've disappointed people in my life because of my decision. However I'm putting my mental health first. Me being okay is worth more than putting myself through exams and that is something I've only just realised. I never had a passion or liking toward the subject I chose it because I needed another subject.

Okay, seems like a fair choice.

What are you still studying and what's your plan after 6th form?
Reply 4
I'm about to finish my double btec in IT and I honestly don't have a plan. I'm not going to university, so the most likely scenario is getting a job anywhere.
Okay, seems like a fair choice.

What are you still studying and what's your plan after 6th form?
Original post by EsmeLoe
I'm about to finish my double btec in IT and I honestly don't have a plan. I'm not going to university, so the most likely scenario is getting a job anywhere.

Okay, recommendation is maybe try and do an NVQ or get an apprenticeship, because else you will end up doing entry level jobs forever with no additional qualifications.

But, good luck with life.
Reply 6
Thankyou you too
Okay, recommendation is maybe try and do an NVQ or get an apprenticeship, because else you will end up doing entry level jobs forever with no additional qualifications.

But, good luck with life.
Original post by EsmeLoe

You should absolutely let them know to avoid someone chasing around looking for you on exam day.
Reply 8
Original post by EsmeLoe

Yes. Tell them. And work on your anxieties.

Quick Reply

Latest