The Student Room Group

Bee flying outside bedroom for 2 weeks

2 two weeks ago I started hearing this buzzing and I thought a bee had come in. I then realised there was a bee OUTSIDE my window but it's buzzing was so loud it sounded like it was next to me. I didn't think anything of it as I just assumed it would go away but now it's been two weeks and I'm losing my MIND. The buzzing is so loud and constant I can't revise in my bedroom anymore. The thing is HUGE too. I was concerned maybe there was a nest but upon checking there is none. My mom said it's probably hovering bc it's about to die but that doesn't seem likely. It just keeps flying next to the wall by my window and I'm scared it's one of those bees that lay eggs in brick or it'll find an opening and get into my bedroom somehow.
What should I do?
It literally turns up everyday for a few hours then goes away only to come back the next day. Despite it being summer and having heatwaves I can't open my windows in fear of it flying in so my room is boiling. It's definitely the same bee everyday because the size is so big it's unlikely to be multiple different ones.

Scroll to see replies

dude yesterday a massive fly came into my room. couldn't revise for 2 hours as it woudn't leave my room. had to wait until 4 for my lil brother to get back from school to kill it lol.
Original post by Rid The Kid
dude yesterday a massive fly came into my room. couldn't revise for 2 hours as it woudn't leave my room. had to wait until 4 for my lil brother to get back from school to kill it lol.

can relate, locked myself in my room, and blocked the bottom of the door witih clothes, for 2 hours watching Netflix because of a wasp in my room
mind = blown

how did you figure this out? :eek:
I was late to school today because there was a bee in the bathroom and none of my family members were up to remove it.
Just hoover it? Best option I feel
It's just a bee, it's not going to eat you lol
:frown:
Make a deodorant flamethrower and roast it
Reply 9
Original post by Sammy_789
2 two weeks ago I started hearing this buzzing and I thought a bee had come in. I then realised there was a bee OUTSIDE my window but it's buzzing was so loud it sounded like it was next to me. I didn't think anything of it as I just assumed it would go away but now it's been two weeks and I'm losing my MIND. The buzzing is so loud and constant I can't revise in my bedroom anymore. The thing is HUGE too. I was concerned maybe there was a nest but upon checking there is none. My mom said it's probably hovering bc it's about to die but that doesn't seem likely. It just keeps flying next to the wall by my window and I'm scared it's one of those bees that lay eggs in brick or it'll find an opening and get into my bedroom somehow.
What should I do?
It literally turns up everyday for a few hours then goes away only to come back the next day. Despite it being summer and having heatwaves I can't open my windows in fear of it flying in so my room is boiling. It's definitely the same bee everyday because the size is so big it's unlikely to be multiple different ones.

If you're scared of it, ask your parents to do one of the things listed below:

If you're not scared of it, grab a flyswatter (if you have one) and whack it; or spray a chemical spray around the side of your window frame used to get rid of them
If it comes inside just shoo it away with a book or something back towards your window, bees dont usually sting unlike wasps.
Challenge it to a boxing match. If you win, it has to leave for good. If it wins, it stays.
Reply 12
Everyone saying to hairspray it or swat it - I can't because it is OUTSIDE. My windows are small so trying to do anything would involve me having to stick my whole arm out and even then I'm not guaranteed getting it because it's more to the right of my window and my bedroom structure is slightly curved ( kinda like balcony curve ) so I can't try to make it go away as I can't reach / aim.
I had this on my window a year ago - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/305437812344225792/566275513811730442/image0.jpg

there was actually a whole nest of them on one of the (blocked off) chimneys and i left my bedroom light on so they'd all come to my window in the night time lmao. there were at least seven on the window

it was great

i took a picture of them and sent it to my brother and he opened it at 3am

that's a hornet by the way, not a wasp, it was 2-3cm long

oh and one came in my room so i rolled up my laptop sleeve and hit it mid air. it's exoskeleton made one hell of a crack when it hit the wall lmao
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
can relate, locked myself in my room, and blocked the bottom of the door witih clothes, for 2 hours watching Netflix because of a wasp in my room

i didnt even take my phone with me.

i eventually assisted my brother with the kill. he insisted to let it go, but i just used bleach to kill that mf while it was down.
Original post by HoldThisL
I had this on my window a year ago - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/305437812344225792/566275513811730442/image0.jpg

there was actually a whole nest of them on one of the (blocked off) chimneys and i left my bedroom light on so they'd all come to my window in the night time lmao. there were at least seven on the window

it was great

i took a picture of them and sent it to my brother and he opened it at 3am

that's a hornet by the way, not a wasp, it was 2-3cm long

oh and one came in my room so i rolled up my laptop sleeve and hit it mid air. it's exoskeleton made one hell of a crack when it hit the wall lmao

So is this you or your ghost speaking?
Original post by Dunya
So is this you or your ghost speaking?

lmao
Reply 17
Original post by Sammy_789
What should I do?

seems suspicious

perhaps it's a queen or something starting up a nest.
buy the best bee killer you can find and spray the thing each time it comes near. Do this everytime you see it and eventully It will either kill it, ingure it to the extent it stops flying, or it will realise that this isn't such a great spot anymore and find a new one..

alternatively open your window and let it fly in. close the window.
spray masses of bee killer into the room and close the door.

come back later and it should be dead. if not spray again.

sorted!...
It’s just a bumblebee checking out it’s reflection in your window. Get a net and open your window if you’re worried about it Flying in but bumblebees don’t live very long.

Don’t kill it because your house is on it’s route home!
Reply 19
and if all else fails OP

the next time it comes along .. just look it dead in the eye and with a stern tone tell it to Beehave

sorted....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending