The Student Room Group

(SAW EXAM PAPAER BEFORE) How would you feel if:

guys, what are you opinions and how would you feel if
You get told there is a big AS mock for a subject you find really hard and you are not amazing at coming up.
You do last years paper to revise. this paper is easily accessible on the exam boards website, its not password protected or anything.
You get into the exam room and open the paper and its the EXACT PAPER you did to revise, so you write down all the answers because you know everything, but do some abit wrong on purpose as to not attract too much attention to urself
When you get your paper back, people sitting next to you congratulate you and the teacher congratulates you
you did significantly better than people in your class, you got way above the grade boundary needed to get an A
after asking around, basically no one else seemed to notice the paper was online

would you feel guilty because you got so high?? bearing in mind these might affect our termly checks so it will make mine look better than what I can achieve??

Please answer, would be much appreciated thanks
I wouldn't feel that bad. It's arguably the exam boards fault. They will be able to work out if you used the paper or not, given that it's easy to track your IP address, But you should still feel bad and potentially own up to it. But it's your choice at the end of the day. Also achieving higher in the exams than in the rest of the year is common, i did that
Reply 2
thanks for your help! but it wasn't an exam board test, it was a test set by our school, not the real thing
Original post by Cheesybread
I wouldn't feel that bad. It's arguably the exam boards fault. They will be able to work out if you used the paper or not, given that it's easy to track your IP address, But you should still feel bad and potentially own up to it. But it's your choice at the end of the day. Also achieving higher in the exams than in the rest of the year is common, i did that
actually that happened in my class but for last mocks, gcse. some kids in my class found some mock papers for chemistry online, which were the same ones we did for mocks the week after, they got like 80/100.
except the teacher caught on and literally said that if anyone did that they shouldn't feel proud of themselves because all they did was memerise specific answers so they're gonna just fail gcse
i really hope they do tbh i hate them

anyway, sure, i'd probably feel guilty because then my score would have been from "getting lucky" and not actually from what i've been learning the last few years. wheres the satisfaction in that :rolleyes:
Original post by Annafield
thanks for your help! but it wasn't an exam board test, it was a test set by our school, not the real thing

you have a Sh*t school. They need to adapt the paper in some way so that it it fair to everyone. Don't feel guilty, take advantage of the situation
Original post by Annafield

Than that's fine, nothing will happen then
Original post by lilTrain
actually that happened in my class but for last mocks, gcse. some kids in my class found some mock papers for chemistry online, which were the same ones we did for mocks the week after, they got like 80/100.
except the teacher caught on and literally said that if anyone did that they shouldn't feel proud of themselves because all they did was memerise specific answers so they're gonna just fail gcse
i really hope they do tbh i hate them

anyway, sure, i'd probably feel guilty because then my score would have been from "getting lucky" and not actually from what i've been learning the last few years. wheres the satisfaction in that :rolleyes:

Why do you hate them? your opinion shows how you will fail your GCSE's as you have no idea who is in the right, and who is in the wrong. the best way to revise it to to past papers... and they did that.. not thier fault the school did a crap job of changing the paper
A lot of people in my school do this. I’ve done questions from 3 years ago and they come up in mock exams/ assessments. It’s unavoidable if you prepare well and you have to prepare well. No school can set questions that they can guarantee someone hasn’t seen unless it’s last years paper before the release online.
Right, so my opinion of others as people will predict my gcse grades. Mad times.
Unless ur confusing my teachers opinion with mine lol?
Aslo I was saying that the grade they got in that exam was actually pretty unrealstic, considering they always get 40/100. Im not saying revising from past papers is bad or that they shouldnt have done them, im literally just saying that they got a lucky grade that they cant get again in the real exam unless they revise their ass off.

Original post by Zain_Ahmed
Why do you hate them? your opinion shows how you will fail your GCSE's as you have no idea who is in the right, and who is in the wrong. the best way to revise it to to past papers... and they did that.. not thier fault the school did a crap job of changing the paper
Right, so my opinion of others as people will predict my gcse grades. Mad times.
Unless ur confusing my teachers opinion with mine lol?
Aslo I was saying that the grade they got in that exam was actually pretty unrealstic, considering they always get 40/100. Im not saying revising from past papers is bad or that they shouldnt have done them, im literally just saying that they got a lucky grade that they cant get again in the real exam unless they revise their ass off.

you proved my point further, "mad times":lol:. You hate those students for using their brain basically. All they did was do a past paper, it's the school's fault that they didn't change the test, and you're hating on the students because the school didn't adapt the test?? It's the school's responsibility to adapt a test, so include multiple past paper questions so that it isn't just one paper. Yes, they got a "lucky grade", but why you hating on them?
And now, you said "Right, so my opinion of others as people will predict my gcse grades."... LOL. You can't read. I said that you will fail your GCSE's as you have no idea what's right and what's wrong.. I didn't even mention grades:hahaha:
Jezzuz croost
Sure u did bud. U said i will fail because of my opinion-- but where in my original post did i actually state my opinion? The only opinion i gave was that i dont like these people. And I said i hate them for unrelated reasons to grades, smh lol:h:
Why make the paper a big deal, all i said was theyre not gonna get a realstic grade. I dont give one if the paper could be found online, because thats not my point here. But I fully agree with you the school should have changed the paper up, but it seems that they only did this lazy move with the sciences! I couldnt find any markschemes online for the maths past paper we did for last mocks. :^_^:
Now that u understand u dont need to reply again ok lol

Spoiler

you proved my point further, "mad times":lol:. You hate those students for using their brain basically. All they did was do a past paper, it's the school's fault that they didn't change the test, and you're hating on the students because the school didn't adapt the test?? It's the school's responsibility to adapt a test, so include multiple past paper questions so that it isn't just one paper. Yes, they got a "lucky grade", but why you hating on them?
And now, you said "Right, so my opinion of others as people will predict my gcse grades."... LOL. You can't read. I said that you will fail your GCSE's as you have no idea what's right and what's wrong.. I didn't even mention grades:hahaha:
Jezzuz croost
Sure u did bud. U said i will fail because of my opinion-- but where in my original post did i actually state my opinion? The only opinion i gave was that i dont like these people. And I said i hate them for unrelated reasons to grades, smh lol:h:
Why make the paper a big deal, all i said was theyre not gonna get a realstic grade. I dont give one if the paper could be found online, because thats not my point here. But I fully agree with you the school should have changed the paper up, but it seems that they only did this lazy move with the sciences! I couldnt find any markschemes online for the maths past paper we did for last mocks. :^_^:
Now that u understand u dont need to reply again ok lol

Spoiler

You still don't make any sense:dontknow:... "but where in my original post did i actually state my opinion?" then the next 5 words were "The only opinion i gave".. WHAT!? And it also doesn't make sense why you hate them? THEY DID NOTHING WRONG, LMAO.:rofl3:
Ok
So u really want me to explain this
BASICALLY
my opinion was that i dont like those people...
But i gave no other opinion.
That means that, my opinion never stated that theyre "wrong", or whatever other shite ur accusing me of lol.
Why do i hate them?
Its personal and irrelevant to this thread. Im allowed to have people i dont like because i dont get on well, its as simple as that. U dont know what they did "wrong" unless u knew them-- do you? Nop. Thats why its extremely irrelevant as to why i dont like them, since the main point of my original post was to share something that happened.
Honestly dont know why ur turning this into a question of why i dont get along with certain people
I hope that cleared it up. If its still bugging you i suggest you to reread it carefully, forget, and chill.

These were the points made in my original post:
1. Our school gave us chemistry papers we saw before
2. Kiddos saw it before
3. Teacher says its bad
4. I say i personally dont like kiddos
5. The end.

Actually, id really like to stress number 5.

You still don't make any sense:dontknow:... "but where in my original post did i actually state my opinion?" then the next 5 words were "The only opinion i gave".. WHAT!? And it also doesn't make sense why you hate them? THEY DID NOTHING WRONG, LMAO.:rofl3:
Ok
So u really want me to explain this
BASICALLY
my opinion was that i dont like those people...
But i gave no other opinion.
That means that, my opinion never stated that theyre "wrong", or whatever other shite ur accusing me of lol.
Why do i hate them?
Its personal and irrelevant to this thread. Im allowed to have people i dont like because i dont get on well, its as simple as that. U dont know what they did "wrong" unless u knew them-- do you? Nop. Thats why its extremely irrelevant as to why i dont like them, since the main point of my original post was to share something that happened.
Honestly dont know why ur turning this into a question of why i dont get along with certain people
I hope that cleared it up. If its still bugging you i suggest you to reread it carefully, forget, and chill.

These were the points made in my original post:
1. Our school gave us chemistry papers we saw before
2. Kiddos saw it before
3. Teacher says its bad
4. I say i personally dont like kiddos
5. The end.

Actually, id really like to stress number 5.

In your first post, you wrote it making it seem that you hate the "kiddos" because they saw the test before.. Then I replied a few times asking, and you couldn't clarify it was a personal issue? THE END!:jive:
Well done Zain, heres a +1 from yours truly
In your first post, you wrote it making it seem that you hate the "kiddos" because they saw the test before.. Then I replied a few times asking, and you couldn't clarify it was a personal issue? THE END!:jive:

Quick Reply

Latest