The Student Room Group

what happens if you dont turn up to an sqa exam?

would i receive an NA or is there a separate grade for no-shows? if i dont fill in my details on the front of my paper will i receive an NA or a no show grade? zero point showing up to my rmps exam on monday, been trying to drop the subject since september but school wouldn’t let me, going to fail either way
you might as well turn up, it'd look better getting an E or D on the results paper than a U or anything else, trust me. you might surprise yourself too.
Original post by skye1111
would i receive an NA or is there a separate grade for no-shows? if i dont fill in my details on the front of my paper will i receive an NA or a no show grade? zero point showing up to my rmps exam on monday, been trying to drop the subject since september but school wouldn’t let me, going to fail either way

If you don't turn up (obviously unless there were valid extenuating circumstances), you'd get a no award (assuming the assignment is not a large enough component of the particular subject for it to give enough marks to reach a grade).
If you don't fill in your details, the invigilator would probably notice when collecting it, but I can't say I've tried that one myself so don't know what would happen if you hadn't filled in any of it.
You'd be as well going in and giving it a shot- it would only be a few hours of your time.
As others have said, if you've done an assignment then that will have been marked. Therefore, the WORST thing you could do is not turn up - you're guaranteeing a fail. Surely you could turn up and write some things down which are worth marks? It could bring you up to a D at the very minimum.

I'm going to be straight with you - not turning up is a ridiculously stupid idea. These exams count for far more than I think you've come to terms with. Plus, you've got 3 days until your exam. Given that you've sat through a year of teaching and likely have some notes and understanding (even if you don't - there are textbooks) you should easily be able to learn something. I'm not saying 3 days of serious revision will get you an A, but unless you're presented at a seriously wrong level you should be able to achieve a D.

So again, I'm going to be honest - don't pass the blame to the school for 'not letting you drop the subject'. If you don't even try to study, the only reason you're going to fail is that you're being lazy and careless - nothing else. It's not too late to study and achieve a passing grade so don't waste this opportunity.
jeez you might as well try
you've got nowt to lose
Reply 5
The invigilators in my school check if there’s a mistake or if something isn’t filled in in the front when they get the papers and tell us to fill it in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending