The Student Room Group

DVLA database says Provisional even after passing the driving test?

I passed my Driving Test 5 days ago and got the pass certificate too but when i view my license online, it still says I hold a provisional license. Is that normal?
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
When i enter my details on the above website, it still has me under a provisional license holder. Does it take time to update or should i be worried about this?

Scroll to see replies

Have you sent them your paperwork to process your licence?
Reply 2
Original post by moonkatt
Have you sent them your paperwork to process your licence?

The guy at the test centre took my license and said it would take upto 3 weeks until my license comes. Do i still have to send some paperwork?
Original post by dmeoninside
The guy at the test centre took my license and said it would take upto 3 weeks until my license comes. Do i still have to send some paperwork?

Oh, well if they've sent it off, it may just take a while for it all to be updated. It's a busy time of year for the DVLA, so they probably have a backlog.
Don't worry, the same happened to me, I passed my test at the end of August. They have a backlog at the moment, as it is a busy time of year for them.

My photo card arrived the day before 3 weeks would have passed since I passed. The DVLA website said I had a provisional license all the way until the day the new license arrived.

Don't worry, you've got your pass certificate, so you can still drive.
Reply 5
Original post by callumb1232
Don't worry, the same happened to me, I passed my test at the end of August. They have a backlog at the moment, as it is a busy time of year for them.

My photo card arrived the day before 3 weeks would have passed since I passed. The DVLA website said I had a provisional license all the way until the day the new license arrived.

Don't worry, you've got your pass certificate, so you can still drive.

Thank you for the assurance. Glad to hear that's normal.
Reply 6
It is normal yes.

It can take a couple of weeks for it to update, it just means they haven't processed it yet.
Reply 7
I passed my Driving Test 5 days ago and got the pass certificate too but when i view my license online, it still says I hold a provisional license. Is that normal?
When i enter my details on the above website, it still has me under a provisional license holder. Does it take time to update or should i be worried about this?

I passed last month and still coming up as provisional licence holder 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️
Reply 8
Original post by Kayydee
I passed last month and still coming up as provisional licence holder 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️

Did the examiner send your licence off?
Reply 9
If you still show up as a provisional license holder. How do car insurance companies know you have passed your test when it asks you for your license number.?

licence*
Original post by Ecovill
If you still show up as a provisional license holder. How do car insurance companies know you have passed your test when it asks you for your license number.?

licence*
Reply 12
Original post by A Rolling Stone
licence*

Thank you for that correction. Is there any way you could answer the question?. Thank you.
Original post by Ecovill
Thank you for that correction. Is there any way you could answer the question?. Thank you.

not to inadequate spellers
Reply 14
Original post by Ecovill

It updates after your full licence is issued.
Reply 15
Sorry u have spelt my name wrong it is willan Anthony John.
Original post by Bigwily
Sorry u have spelt my name wrong it is willan Anthony John.

This is a student forum, not the DVLA.
Reply 17
Original post by Admit-One
This is a student forum, not the DVLA.

How the **** does this happen...
Original post by IWMTom
How the **** does this happen...

I'm not going to lie, I'm more than a little worried that these people will be on the roads with us shortly.
Reply 19
Original post by Admit-One
I'm not going to lie, I'm more than a little worried that these people will be on the roads with us shortly.

PRSOM :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending