The Student Room Group

Do girls only want alpha males?

Scroll to see replies

nah tbh i like guys who r like in touch with their emotions and not big muscles or super like stereotypically masc, not my thing
Original post by ririroo
nah tbh i like guys who r like in touch with their emotions and not big muscles or super like stereotypically masc, not my thing

Most guys learn to look at girls' actions rather than words.
Original post by Anonymous
Thoughts

Correct me if im wrong but alpha males are really confident,domineering ones and can also be self-centred?

Imo and I think for most girls (many of my friends) want a confident, dominant and protective man. It gives a sense of security. But then we like compassionate males because girls can be sensitive so an aspect of a beta male. Self centred men are unattractive, your woman is your centre (alongside mother,daughter sisters..family). And i dont think any girl likes an omega male unless he’s made his establishments and is a wealthy man. Who wants to be with someone that is lazy ? No aspirations?

So mix of alpha and beta.
Harsh but only muscular, tall, handsome men turn girls on. What's the point in having a relationship when you can't make a girl feel his way.

Dont feel this way!! Honestly as long as you’re taller than her it doesn’t matter. If you treat her right, have a nice beard and always cater to her she’ll love you however small or tall you are. With the muscles thing girls will settle. We only like muscular men cos it makes us feel safe and ik height or what not doesnt define strength but generally if someone ways more than your you’d need a really hard kick to send them flying (if need be). But if a girl judges you on all those things despite your personality shes trash. You can do better.
Original post by Anon1195
Dont feel this way!! Honestly as long as you’re taller than her it doesn’t matter. If you treat her right, have a nice beard and always cater to her she’ll love you however small or tall you are. With the muscles thing girls will settle. We only like muscular men cos it makes us feel safe and ik height or what not doesnt define strength but generally if someone ways more than your you’d need a really hard kick to send them flying (if need be). But if a girl judges you on all those things despite your personality shes trash. You can do better.

I appreciate the kind answer. But ultimately i refuse to be settled for and therefore intend to never have any romantic involvement with girls.
I appreciate the kind answer. But ultimately i refuse to be settled for and therefore intend to never have any romantic involvement with girls.

Okay settled was a bit harsh. I know how you feel. I’m a female and I don’t have “voluptuous” breasts and sometimes it makes me feel insecure. But when they’re in love with you they love every little “flaw”.
Thoughts

No. They like confidence tho which is maybe why they go for alpha males
Okay settled was a bit harsh. I know how you feel. I’m a female and I don’t have “voluptuous” breasts and sometimes it makes me feel insecure. But when they’re in love with you they love every little “flaw”.

The only requirement needed for women is that they're at least half-decent looking. Man don't ask for much
Nor do females. But sometimes it comes across off as men do. Most men cheat only the really loyal ones dont. And their excuse for cheating is sex so from that it seems like girls need all these requirements
The only requirement needed for women is that they're at least half-decent looking. Man don't ask for much
truly fine!
The

Now, that’s one beautiful, fine man right there. :cube:

Women only love high status men.
I think thats your problem bro. You think to deeply into these things, everyones thinking to deeply into a simple matter.

Women wants : Man that acts like a man

Man wants: Women that looks like a women.

Thats for 90% of cases on this earth

The other 10% is a mix of whatever
Guaranteed no one thinks of this Alpha beta crap in real life. Its just a internet thing that people have overblown.

Stop pitying your self and go find a solution to your problem. No drive in life is probably the most unattractive thing putting girls off you.
Original post by Passwordisyou
I think thats your problem bro. You think to deeply into these things, everyones thinking to deeply into a simple matter.

Women wants : Man that acts like a man

Man wants: Women that looks like a women.

Thats for 90% of cases on this earth

The other 10% is a mix of whatever

Quite simply, women don't find average men sexually attractive - they can't inspire feelings of animalistic lust. I'm not saying it's impossible to get into a relationship but if you aren't an alpha male you are only uses for resources and emotional support. The point of relationships is romance and sex in modern societies.
Bro probably 95% of the world population whether male or female has "average" looks. That leaves 5% with the so called "amazing" looks.

I dont know who put these ideas in your head, but u need to have a break from technology and go out in the real world. Or sit at home till your 70 still complaining about alpha beta bolocks
Quite simply, women don't find average men sexually attractive - they can't inspire feelings of animalistic lust. I'm not saying it's impossible to get into a relationship but if you aren't an alpha male you are only uses for resources and emotional support. The point of relationships is romance and sex in modern societies.
Bro probably 95% of the world population whether male or female has "average" looks. That leaves 5% with the so called "amazing" looks.

I dont know who put these ideas in your head, but u need to have a break from technology and go out in the real world. Or sit at home till your 70 still complaining about alpha beta bolocks

I appreciate your kindness and yes a break might be a good idea haha. :smile:

When you say 95% you are talking about societies and periods in the past when non-monogamy was not as socially acceptable. You need to look at modern western societies with dating apps and sexual freedom. Women in their 30s and 40s now would rather raise children alone and date/sex casually than marry an average man. Women in their early 20s now probably have even higher standards, having grown up as part of the tinder generation. We will see i suppose.
Guaranteed no one thinks of this Alpha beta crap in real life. Its just a internet thing that people have overblown.

Stop pitying your self and go find a solution to your problem. No drive in life is probably the most unattractive thing putting girls off you.

Assuming i have no drive and pity myself is pretty silly of you.

It's crap is it? Well i don't know if you are male or female. Either oblivious or in denial.
When I say 95% I mean 95% of the human population on this earth right now and in previous generations are average looking thats just how it is.

Theres only a small minority that are very very good looking. Thats why there are only a small amount of people that can be models.

Anyway i got to go back to work. I hope u have more confidence in yourself in the future.

I appreciate your kindness and yes a break might be a good idea haha. :smile:

When you say 95% you are talking about societies and periods in the past when non-monogamy was not as socially acceptable. You need to look at modern western societies with dating apps and sexual freedom. Women in their 30s and 40s now would rather raise children alone and date/sex casually than marry an average man. Women in their early 20s now probably have even higher standards, having grown up as part of the tinder generation. We will see i suppose.
When I say 95% I mean 95% of the human population on this earth right now and in previous generations are average looking thats just how it is.

Theres only a small minority that are very very good looking. Thats why there are only a small amount of people that can be models.

Anyway i got to go back to work. I hope u have more confidence in yourself in the future.

Non-monogamy was much less acceptable to our parents' generation than ours. Liberal western / Anglo-Saxon societies are obviously different to the rest of the world.

I don't lack confidence.

Have you ever had a woman genuinely desire you sexually? Most likely not.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
No, sigma males tend to attract a girls attention too.

everyone loves a good sigma male

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending