The Student Room Group
University of York
York

How strict are the entry requirements at the University of York?

Hey,

Respectively, I've selected the Unis of York and Chester for my firm and insurance choices; whilst I've already met the entry requirements for the latter in my access course, obviously York is my desired choice. I liked Chester a lot, but completely fell in love with York.

York's entry requirements for the course I wish to study are 36 creds at Distinction, and 6 at Merit; so far, (external moderation notwithstanding) it looks like i'm going I'm going to only get 27 at distinction, 15 at merit and 3 at pass (although I have appealed the latter, that's another story).

How likely is it that I will still get in? I don't want to be unrealistic and get my hopes up, but I'm hoping they'll be lenient on the basis that I have worked full time whilst doing this course, and that I've been out of education for 5 years (i'm 23 in a week). I did e-mail them to explain this, and was told that it would depend based on how far I missed the mark.

Really would appreciate any responses or ideas (even if they're harsh haha).
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

University of York
York
Reply 2
Aw thank you!
Original post by TSR_Ollie
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I do this?

Reply 3
As far as I know they are a bit more understanding with mature students especially if you didn't give up studying and can show your understanding of your subject and your enthusiasm on your statement.
Reply 4
Thanks for your feedback! I've e- mailed them anyway, I'm hoping that they'll take that into account.
Original post by Kiraz
As far as I know they are a bit more understanding with mature students especially if you didn't give up studying and can show your understanding of your subject and your enthusiasm on your statement.
Reply 5
I got in guys ❤️
Original post by Nickyliason
I got in guys ❤️

Congratulations :h:
Reply 7
Original post by Nickyliason
I got in guys ❤️

Congratulations 👏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending