The Student Room Group

International Baccalaureate Results Day 5th/6th July 2019 Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EleaGR
Kind of cruel in my opinion. Why do they do that?

If they don't have the man power to process the results and produce them in a suitable format for students...
Reply 41
Does anyone know in what detail are the results sent to UCAS and the Unis?
Original post by EleaGR

HL/SL grades, EE/ToK grades and overall score.

But at this point few universities will have processed IB results. It’s the weekend.
Reply 43
So they don't get the analysis we get with the scaled marks, and boundaries etc.
Original post by PQ
HL/SL grades, EE/ToK grades and iverall score.
No
Original post by EleaGR
So they don't get the analysis we get with the scaled marks, and boundaries etc.
Original post by EleaGR

See under IB
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/sending-exam-results
Is this not the right thread to post results? Seems pretty dead :/

Regardless, I got 43/45 total, with 5 7s (including my 4 HLs) and a 6. Got A in my EE and C in TOK, which I'm hoping to ask for remark (though I don't need it; just 2 marks away so I feel as though it's possible). I also got a 6 on an additional subject. Made the IB aspect of my offer to Cambridge, just gotta wait on STEP now!
Original post by Mathboi926

Regardless, I got 43/45 total, with 5 7s (including my 4 HLs) and a 6. Got A in my EE and C in TOK, which I'm hoping to ask for remark (though I don't need it; just 2 marks away so I feel as though it's possible). I also got a 6 on an additional subject. Made the IB aspect of my offer to Cambridge, just gotta wait on STEP now!

Congratulations!:yay:

:bl:
Original post by Mathboi926

congrats
Congrats to everybody! I got a 44, B in EE and C in TOK. But there seems to be nobody in our class that got an A in TOK, everybody got around C. Our presentations were marked down too - both of mine scored a 10, so I am pretty disappointed. My essay was too much better than a C according to our teacher. :frown: How are TOK grades for the rest of you? Is it low for everyone this year?
I think TOK in general is a very strange and subjective subject. My TOK class ended up with no real teacher for the first year and our grades were only saved by a TOK teacher coming back from maternity leave in December/January this year. Despite this, the only A grades I know of came from that class (me and my friend just scraped into A's). My other friends who were sorted into different TOK classes (due to timetable differences) were predicted A's and B's and ended up with C's most of the time, despite being taught by someone who is perceived as the best TOK teacher in our school.
Original post by austejabaz
Congrats to everybody! I got a 44, B in EE and C in TOK. But there seems to be nobody in our class that got an A in TOK, everybody got around C. Our presentations were marked down too - both of mine scored a 10, so I am pretty disappointed. My essay was too much better than a C according to our teacher. :frown: How are TOK grades for the rest of you? Is it low for everyone this year?
I got a B on my TOK essay but was definitely luck, I was so stumped on my prompt until the night before and never even got the chance to have my TOK teacher see it before it was submitted to the IB. But still happy, lol.
Original post by austejabaz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending