The Student Room Group

RAF Initial Officer Training August 2019

Hi guys,

I’ve just received my offer for Initial Officer Training in August this year! I thought I would see who else has received the great news and is on the same course/familiarisation visit?

Scroll to see replies

Hi Isaac, great to hear that you have received your offer! What branch have you applied for?

I go to OASC later on this month and I have applied for Aerosytstems Officer.

What was the wait like between passing selection and receiving the offer?

Dan
Hi, and I am joining as an Intelligence Officer. It was about a month for me. PM me if you want some more details.
Really? I hope that's not your real name then ...
Hey I am starting IOT in August, Do you have your FAM visit next week? I am going in as Personal Training officer.
Reply 5
Hi all,
I start in August too, but I had my fam visit with a group from IOT61 - going in as Pers Support.
Has a IOT62 group been made at all? ?
hey, No we havent made a group yet.. will let you know when we do.
Original post by Dstew96
Hi all,
I start in August too, but I had my fam visit with a group from IOT61 - going in as Pers Support.
Has a IOT62 group been made at all? ?
Hey, I’m starting in august too! Going for air ops. Anyone going for fam visit at the end of June?
Hey, i have been on mine.. are you set for the FAM visit ?
Original post by daneellie
Hey, I’m starting in august too! Going for air ops. Anyone going for fam visit at the end of June?
Yea I think so, just been training for the fitness tests. Anything else you think I’d need to brush up on? And did you enjoy it?
Original post by charliechalk85
Hey, i have been on mine.. are you set for the FAM visit ?
No just your fitness.. and think of any questions you might want to ask.
Original post by daneellie
Yea I think so, just been training for the fitness tests. Anything else you think I’d need to brush up on? And did you enjoy it?
Has anyone been offered a place on the IOT course due to start in October 2019?
Reply 12
Original post by Beeleyt350
Has anyone been offered a place on the IOT course due to start in October 2019?

Yeah mate
Yes, in October.
Heye. Best wishes all of you for your 3 day process. I am preparing for my selection for OASC and need a few tips on SSC and PC. Could someone help me out please??
Original post by raulz_07
Heye. Best wishes all of you for your 3 day process. I am preparing for my selection for OASC and need a few tips on SSC and PC. Could someone help me out please??

What do you mean tips?
Reply 16
Original post by Beeleyt350
Yes, xx of Oct.

Which part of 'don't post course dates in this subforum' do you not understand? Edit this NOW!
(edited 4 years ago)
Tips - idea, knowledge, guidance. what are the term lengths and what is more beneficial?? Would be very kind of you. I did find some posts in here but they were like 13 yrs ago and dont think that would be relevant now.

Original post by AlphaTango
What do you mean tips?
Reply 18
Original post by raulz_07
Tips - idea, knowledge, guidance. what are the term lengths and what is more beneficial?? Would be very kind of you. I did find some posts in here but they were like 13 yrs ago and dont think that would be relevant now.

You've got as far as OASC without understanding the terms of service and failing to clarify them with your AFCO???
Thank you for your response. Honestly I am a serving regular (recently joined and on my first tour) with 12 yrs initial engagement plus 6 yrs reserve service and I am very far from OASC at the moment. However I do aspire to be an Officer and am doing my preparations to make it through the filter interview. I have no commissioning club here at my camp so have to go around looking for places to ask stupid questions but any help or guide from anyone with experience is thankfully welcomed. I am not in contact with the AFCO but will do so when I feel ready enough to apply.

Kind regards
:smile:
Original post by Surnia
You've got as far as OASC without understanding the terms of service and failing to clarify them with your AFCO???

Quick Reply

Latest