The Student Room Group

Student finance- masters- behind a year

I did 1 year of my course and then dropped out and started a new one. Will I get student finance if I do a masters or PGCE? Would I if I hadn’t of dropped out after 1st year or my 1st course?

Can someone pls explain, thank you
Original post by Anonymous
I did 1 year of my course and then dropped out and started a new one. Will I get student finance if I do a masters or PGCE? Would I if I hadn’t of dropped out after 1st year or my 1st course?

My understanding is that you have to self-fund a Masters if you wish to pursue it - student finance won't cover it. If you want to go to PGCE, you can apply for a tuition loan, and depending on the subject, you can get bursaries to help. This might explain more: https://www.postgrad.com/subjects/teaching_education/pgce_funding/
Original post by Anonymous

AFAIK, your postgraduate funding isn't affected by the number of years of funding you received for an undergraduate course. You can apply for a postgraduate loan from Student Finance to cover a master's degree, and as another poster said, a PGCE can still be funded by Student Finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending