The Student Room Group

Lost A LEVEL results, will I need them?

Hi okay so, I’m starting university again at the ripe old age of 24 and have lost my A Level results from when i was 18. I applied to study at the university of westminster and got an unconditional offer from the university, the only results they asked to see a scan of when i applied was my BTEC results which i do have. So i can take the BTEC ones with me, I’m just panicking that it’ll cost a lot and take a lot of time to replace the ALEVEL certs as there’s 4 of them to find. Do you think i’ll be okay or?
Original post by wonroses
Hi okay so, I’m starting university again at the ripe old age of 24 and have lost my A Level results from when i was 18. I applied to study at the university of westminster and got an unconditional offer from the university, the only results they asked to see a scan of when i applied was my BTEC results which i do have. So i can take the BTEC ones with me, I’m just panicking that it’ll cost a lot and take a lot of time to replace the ALEVEL certs as there’s 4 of them to find. Do you think i’ll be okay or?

If they have only asked for btecs that should be fine.
Why not speak to admissions and check what documents you need?
Why are there 4 certs? 4 exam boards or different times?
Original post by 999tigger
If they have only asked for btecs that should be fine.
Why not speak to admissions and check what documents you need?
Why are there 4 certs? 4 exam boards or different times?

Hi there

We will only need to see your BTEC certificate. UCAS verify A Level and GCSE results directly with universities now so we don't need to see these certificates.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 3
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

We will only need to see your BTEC certificate. UCAS verify A Level and GCSE results directly with universities now so we don't need to see these certificates.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Hi, ive had a further email saying that if i don’t have them then i won’t be able to enroll properly i’m now somewhat worried as enrolment is one week away and i don’t have the finances to replace them immediately or the time as I’m also having to pay my own tuition fee.
will i still not need to bring them?
Hi, ive had a further email saying that if i don’t have them then i won’t be able to enroll properly i’m now somewhat worried as enrolment is one week away and i don’t have the finances to replace them immediately or the time as I’m also having to pay my own tuition fee.
will i still not need to bring them?

Hi there

You can be temporary enrolled until you can provide your BTEC certificate. You'll still be able to attend classes and have full access to the University buildings and library. But you will need to get new certificates if you've lost your originals as Admissions will need to see proof of your qualification.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 5
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

You can be temporary enrolled until you can provide your BTEC certificate. You'll still be able to attend classes and have full access to the University buildings and library. But you will need to get new certificates if you've lost your originals as Admissions will need to see proof of your qualification.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

i have the BTEC certificates just not the A-level ones
i have the BTEC certificates just not the A-level one

Typically you don't need to bring in A Level or GCSE certificates as these qualifications are verified already by UCAS.

Kim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending