The Student Room Group

Can someone help me make a GCSE study schedule

I'm panicking, I really don't know how to make an effective plan that will work for me.
I don't know how many times to revise a specific subject in a week.
I would appreciate if anyone could help me.
My subjects are:
English,math,biology,chemistry,physics(triple science),history,psychology and sociology.
Order from my weakest to strongest:
biology
physics
maths
chemistry
sociology
psychology
history
english
As you can see I'm pretty strong on written work
I struggle with maths and science as I don't revise.
Please help me make a timetable.
damn psychology AND sociology for gcse what kind of sick school do you go to, i was only offered classics like greek and latin.

anyways maybe u can go online and type in online gcse timetable maker im sure something will help u
Hey!

Which year are you going into? 10 or 11? This is kinda important as if it's 11, then it's more of an issue to prioritise here. If it's 10 we can relax a little bit.

Spend more time on Biology, Physics, Maths and Chemistry (obviously), but don't neglect English either. There should be a balance. At GCSE level, the core subjects should be perfected and then we can worry about options.

Something I also found pretty effective was the Pomodoro technique, which basically works around 1/2 an hour of studying with a 5 minute break. I'm a hugeee procrastinator so it helped me a lot. :yep:
Reply 3
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
damn psychology AND sociology for gcse what kind of sick school do you go to, i was only offered classics like greek and latin.

anyways maybe u can go online and type in online gcse timetable maker im sure something will help u

Oh really!
When I was in year 7, we were ranked as the worst school in the city but after 2 years we then were the most improved school in England.
I can honestly say that psychology and sociology are amazing subjects, I am so thankful we had the option to study these 2 subjects.

Also, I'll have another look online, hopefully something comes up.
Reply 4
Original post by RazzzBerries
Hey!

Which year are you going into? 10 or 11? This is kinda important as if it's 11, then it's more of an issue to prioritise here. If it's 10 we can relax a little bit.

Spend more time on Biology, Physics, Maths and Chemistry (obviously), but don't neglect English either. There should be a balance. At GCSE level, the core subjects should be perfected and then we can worry about options.

Something I also found pretty effective was the Pomodoro technique, which basically works around 1/2 an hour of studying with a 5 minute break. I'm a hugeee procrastinator so it helped me a lot. :yep:

Yes I'm going into year 11 and I'm very stressed.
I have already passed all my mocks, except biology and physics(as I didn't revise at all)

Thanks for your advice!
The Pomodoro technique will help me a lot.
The problem is that I cannot make the timetable.
It's just that I don't know how to structure it.
Go on get revising and enter ur subjects, the days u want to take off etc and they make a timetable for u
Original post by samela786
Yes I'm going into year 11 and I'm very stressed.
I have already passed all my mocks, except biology and physics(as I didn't revise at all)

Thanks for your advice!
The Pomodoro technique will help me a lot.
The problem is that I cannot make the timetable.
It's just that I don't know how to structure it.

Ah, Year 11 will require a little more prioritisation. :redface:

Don't stress or worry too much, you will be absolutely fine, but maybe focus a couple more Pomodoro sessions on Bio and Physics just so you can get them back on track after the mock issues. Are you doing triple science?

Start the timetable from about an hour and a half after you get home from school usually, so you get a break. Then, schedule some Pomodoro sessions before and after you have dinner (say like 3 before and 2 after). Don't overdo it (go above 5 or 6) and make sure you're going to bed by 10:30 or 11 at the latest. If you google Pomodoro timetables, I'm sure some sample sheets will come up that you can fit in. :yes:
Reply 7
Original post by RazzzBerries
Ah, Year 11 will require a little more prioritisation. :redface:

Don't stress or worry too much, you will be absolutely fine, but maybe focus a couple more Pomodoro sessions on Bio and Physics just so you can get them back on track after the mock issues. Are you doing triple science?

Start the timetable from about an hour and a half after you get home from school usually, so you get a break. Then, schedule some Pomodoro sessions before and after you have dinner (say like 3 before and 2 after). Don't overdo it (go above 5 or 6) and make sure you're going to bed by 10:30 or 11 at the latest. If you google Pomodoro timetables, I'm sure some sample sheets will come up that you can fit in. :yes:

Thank you so much!
I honestly appreciate all the advice you just gave me.
And Yes I do triple science (the higher tier has to do it).
Thanks again
Thank you so much!
I honestly appreciate all the advice you just gave me.
And Yes I do triple science (the higher tier has to do it).
Thanks again

You're very welcome!

I understand the struggle with triple. I was just like you, great at English but found the sciences challenging. Don't be like me and wait it out till the last minute. Sort out the sciences ASAP so you can get on with working towards other subjects.

Good luck! :h:
I'm panicking, I really don't know how to make an effective plan that will work for me.
My subjects are:
English,math,biology,chemistry,physics(triple science),history,psychology and sociology.
biology
physics
maths
chemistry
sociology
psychology
history
english

omg I have the same problem!! I don't know when to revise, how much and how often it's so confusing.also considering most of my subjects are weak 😭
My subjects are:
biology
physics
maths
chemistry
sociology
psychology
history
english

I could make you a timetable if you like? PM me for more information

Quick Reply

Latest