The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Resitting Exams

Hi there :smile: so basically my situation at the moment is that I currently have 2 examinations (in the same module) that I'm due to resit. I got firsts in every single other module, but I have no idea what went through my head during these two exams. But I've never resat anything before, and Salford Unis website doesn't seem to provide much information. I did read that it is capped at 40%, but I'm confused, is that 40 marks out of 100 per exam (each exam is worth 100 marks) or is it capped at 40% for the entire module?

So there are two papers, each worth 50% of the entire module, each paper is 100 marks.

I do know that the lowest scoring module for both 2nd year and 3rd year are dropped anyway, and the module I'm resitting is by far the lowest one I've ever got. But any clarification on the marking for resits would be highly appreciated. Thank you <33
Original post by Noobulawave
Hi there :smile: so basically my situation at the moment is that I currently have 2 examinations (in the same module) that I'm due to resit. I got firsts in every single other module, but I have no idea what went through my head during these two exams. But I've never resat anything before, and Salford Unis website doesn't seem to provide much information. I did read that it is capped at 40%, but I'm confused, is that 40 marks out of 100 per exam (each exam is worth 100 marks) or is it capped at 40% for the entire module?

So there are two papers, each worth 50% of the entire module, each paper is 100 marks.

I do know that the lowest scoring module for both 2nd year and 3rd year are dropped anyway, and the module I'm resitting is by far the lowest one I've ever got. But any clarification on the marking for resits would be highly appreciated. Thank you <33

I would expect them to apply the 40% cap after the final/ normal mark is reached.
That would allow you to score higher on either paper, just in case you scored lower on the other.
You should check with registry that module calculation normal is just an aggregation of % and you are not required to pass each part, but check the rules. Registry are the people to talk to.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I would expect them to apply the 40% cap after the final/ normal mark is reached.
That would allow you to score higher on either paper, just in case you scored lower on the other.
You should check with registry that module calculation normal is just an aggregation of % and you are not required to pass each part, but check the rules. Registry are the people to talk to.

Thanks for the reply, I'll contact them right away!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending