The Student Room Group

Summer Resit

I have a bit of a Dilemma. I was told in March I Hadn’t passed the module this was just a lecturer mark it was still to Be assessed by external examination/degree board in June for official marking. I was told resit will Probably be mid August TBC. We are now in August And I have had nothing confirmed no email no contact from the college or a breakdown of what areas of the module I had to redo. I have however been given an email for next year enrolment (I’m not going back for hons so will not me accepting) I contacted the college but as the lectures are not back yet they haven’t been much help. Does it sound like I have had the marks increased to pass? I’m so worried they are just going to Spring hand in date on the short notice and I’ll have to drop everything which is hard because I work full time.
Original post by Paulka
I have a bit of a Dilemma. I was told in March I Hadn’t passed the module this was just a lecturer mark it was still to Be assessed by external examination/degree board in June for official marking. I was told resit will Probably be mid August TBC. We are now in August And I have had nothing confirmed no email no contact from the college or a breakdown of what areas of the module I had to redo. I have however been given an email for next year enrolment (I’m not going back for hons so will not me accepting) I contacted the college but as the lectures are not back yet they haven’t been much help. Does it sound like I have had the marks increased to pass? I’m so worried they are just going to Spring hand in date on the short notice and I’ll have to drop everything which is hard because I work full time.

You need to contact the uni and speak either to your department or the people called registry who deal with the admin of all exams.
Have you checked your spam folder?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You need to contact the uni and speak either to your department or the people called registry who deal with the admin of all exams.
Have you checked your spam folder?

Yes have look in that folder I have been checking my emails everyday. I contacted the college and asked about they Enrolment email and that I thought I had a resit and they said only those eligible to in role for 4th year would have be given the email. When I pushed for more information all they said was third year would have to be passed before going into 4th which I obviously already knew. I emailed again for more information to try and get specific dates and never received a response. No lecturers are back yet so can’t phone the department. I was also told no contact with lecturers was allowed while doing the resit so I have just Basically been re-doing the work over the summer with no breakdown instruction or confirmed hand in date. Nothing have been confirmed so doing it all again just incase they drop it on me out the blue. I’m not going to lie it’s been deeply stressful, trying to do this work has had given me so much anxiety because i just don’t know what’s going on 😞 it’s ruined my whole summer. I’ve never dealt with a college so unorganised! You would think I would have to confirm that I was doing a second attempt
Original post by Paulka
Yes have look in that folder I have been checking my emails everyday. I contacted the college and asked about they Enrolment email and that I thought I had a resit and they said only those eligible to in role for 4th year would have be given the email. When I pushed for more information all they said was third year would have to be passed before going into 4th which I obviously already knew. I emailed again for more information to try and get specific dates and never received a response. No lecturers are back yet so can’t phone the department. I was also told no contact with lecturers was allowed while doing the resit so I have just Basically been re-doing the work over the summer with no breakdown instruction or confirmed hand in date. Nothing have been confirmed so doing it all again just incase they drop it on me out the blue. I’m not going to lie it’s been deeply stressful, trying to do this work has had given me so much anxiety because i just don’t know what’s going on 😞 it’s ruined my whole summer. I’ve never dealt with a college so unorganised! You would think I would have to confirm that I was doing a second attempt

Registry are the people who handle exams.
They might have given you a compensated pass.
The only other thing is if the college by default has confirmed there is no scheduled date then put them on notice you are going on holiday. If they do ask you to resubmit work then it will have to be over the next term. That will delay your graduation.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Registry are the people who handle exams.
They might have given you a compensated pass.
The only other thing is if the college by default has confirmed there is no scheduled date then put them on notice you are going on holiday. If they do ask you to resubmit work then it will have to be over the next term. That will delay your graduation.

I don’t know if it works exactly the same we never had an actual exam it was all practical work over a 12 week block Marked at the end. I was told specifically to work over the summer but it’s just Bizarre to me that I haven’t been given anything official. Will find out who to contact at the degree board and see if I can get some answers
Your best bet of people to contact are the following:
Student helpdesk.
Student advisors.
Course tutor.

You need to get ahead of the curve and know what's what if you can't handle something being dropped on you due to work commitments.

Hope this helps,
Joshua :biggrin:
Original post by hallamstudents
Your best bet of people to contact are the following:
Student helpdesk.
Student advisors.
Course tutor.

You need to get ahead of the curve and know what's what if you can't handle something being dropped on you due to work commitments.

Hope this helps,
Joshua :biggrin:

Disagree. She needs to speak directly to Registry.
She has already said no lecturers are back and she cant speak to the department.
Reply 7
at my uni, some people were allowed to proceed to next year and submit their work in December/January
Reply 8
I just find it strange that nobody has clarified anything I’m just stabbing in the dark hopefully I’ve redone the right stuff
Reply 9
Original post by Paulka
I just find it strange that nobody has clarified anything I’m just stabbing in the dark hopefully I’ve redone the right stuff

You need to talk to you course leader, at my uni they all come back this week
Original post by Paulka

Call Registry directly. Don't email, as that won't be quick enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending