The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've been whistled at and asked for my number on two separate occasions by some seriously creepy people!! Do they honestly think that a young girl would turn around and happily give a randomer her number.
Original post by clcgirl09
I've been whistled at and asked for my number on two separate occasions by some seriously creepy people!! Do they honestly think that a young girl would turn around and happily give a randomer her number.

Yes depending on the girl
Original post by bansheeee*
exactly, so if you are ugly don't ask girls for their number

LOOOOL , your probably so butterz I wouldn't even give you a second glance let alone approach you shh
Reply 83
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
LOOOOL , your probably so butterz I wouldn't even give you a second glance let alone approach you shh

Lol And what makes you think anyone would want an ugly toad like you to approach them??? LOOLLL men and their cockiness. No matter how ugly the girl is she wouldn't want someone like you (or most o the desperate ugly men that approach girls on the street) to go near them. :frown:
I've been asked by a female, but we all know it's a different story when a female is asking for it :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unless as a woman you approach guys on a semi regular basis, you have no right to complain about men approaching you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basmaa
I once walked out of Subway restraining nsing by slowed down, then a guy stuck his head out and threw a paper with his phone number at me.. All while making wooowing noises, of course.

:lol: What a dick. As if that would make you want to call him.

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Some guy cornered me in a park when no one was around and basically made me give him my number because he called the number I gave him to check if it was right before he'd let me leave :redface:

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Me too, he then followed me to work and hung around til finishing time so I had to get a lift home from my boss while he was calling me all the while. It is very intimidating.

Creepy as ****. That's the sort of guy you'd get a restraining order against. I hope he didn't harass you any further.

Original post by meenu89
Not in the street. Although a woman did ask me if I would be interested in marrying her son if I could ask my mum about it.

Ohh so is that how I get one of those wife type things?
Can confirm, I am in London at present Waterloo, as I crossed the road a woman my age started walking slowly diagonally right towards me, first thought was '**** can't let her get too close or she'll think I'm a rapist' so I hastily walked diagonally right away from her

insidious indoctrination
Original post by ILovePancakes
Have been asked for my number, but he wasn't a creep. It was kind of cute, but I wasn't attracted to him so I said no.

Never been asked for my number by a creep, but have been molested on numerous occasions.

O-O

:hugs: sorry to hear
Original post by bansheeee*
exactly, so if you are ugly don't ask girls for their number

I believe you have just been caught redhanded
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
No wonder some guys suffer from such confidence issues when the society in which they live in breeds fear within them .

What I imagine goes through some lads heads :

Example A

Hmm should I talk to this fit girl walking down the road ? Oh my god shes so hot

Brain :

Nahh she's probably going to think im a creep or a rapist ...

Example B

Dayummm this girl at my bus stop is fly as hell , I wonder what she's doing today . Should I talk to her ?

Brain : Are you nuts ? You don't talk to any girls unless you already know them . She's going to think your a creep or a rapist man ...

Isn't it wierd how things have become ?

Right. And what's worse is that it's common knowledge even among the most naive girls that most girls meet their boyfriends when he approaches them to ask their number or something similar. It happens every day, we've probably all seen it happen.

And then feminists complain about it. Some of the same people that complain about guys approaching them have boyfriends who did just that, and they still honestly expect men to listen to their hypocritical crap. We wouldn't do it if it didn't work, and we won't stop doing it until it stops being effective.

Oh, and there has never been a scientific study to prove it, but I think everyone agrees that whether a guy who approaches a girl in public is considered a 'creep' or not largely depends on his attractiveness, age and race. Black men, men over 30, and unattractive men, are all routinely attacked by feminists for doing something that young white men can do with impunity. Feminists claim that the patriarchy tries to assert ownership over women, but in reality, white middle class feminism in the last couple of years has been trying to dictate and deny freedom of speech, hurling abuse at those who oppose them (often underpriveleged minorities such as black people or in one or two instances, people with learning disabilities) and generally trying to claim that things which annoy them should be punishable with jail time.

Anyone who calls someone a creep for making conversation, or even because they like the look of you, needs to grow up and stop feeling so entitled. Being an attractive woman is a privelege and on the majority of occasions, so is being complimented on your appearance by strangers. Try being an overweight woman or a gay man and you'll see what street harassment really is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 3packing
Those people might exist, but while people are walking on the street that's just not practical, and you've got to desperate to get to know a person simply walking by. There should be enough relationships with the opposite sex within your social circle, you don't have to go and make other people feel awkward in your attempt to pull strangers. When I worked in face-to-face sales, our boss told us never to follow or walk with the people we're talking to. It legally constitutes harassment.

What should people do who don't have a social circle then? I have never had a social circle and now I am a 30 year old virgin.
Personally no, but I'm not single and it would freak me out anyway
You aren't a victim. The female's inability to sustain a polite conversation online is part of the problem, in fact tbh the conduct of the western female in general has become progressively more militant and has deteriorated ever since the 60s. There wouldn't be a need for all this 'game' nonsense if families and neighbourhoods were more closer knit, ideally in concert with white christian values. The modern western woman has all the privilege without any of the responsibility.
Original post by 30yearoldvirgin
What should people do who don't have a social circle then? I have never had a social circle and now I am a 30 year old virgin.

Just go on Adultwork.
Original post by Jasnowlosa
Just go on Adultwork.

I already do, actually, but there's got to be more to women than 1/2 an hour (what I can afford) every few months!
Original post by 30yearoldvirgin
I already do, actually, but there's got to be more to women than 1/2 an hour (what I can afford) every few months!

Move outright to East Europe or Asia then. The west isn't all that great these days dont believe the hype.
Thread is 5 years old, closed :smile:

Latest