The Student Room Group

Missed my firm offer by two marks, what should I do?

Hi,

I've just received my A levels results and i've just missed my firm offer by two marks.

More specifically Physics at 78%.

I mainly have two questions here, what is the leniency like for comp sci at Uni of Warwick regarding missed offers?

and what steps should I take right now to hopefully increase my chances of getting into my firm? i'm thinking of applying for a remark for both Physics (78%) and Maths (89%).
how have you got them a day early

(did you do that cambridge exam board)
Original post by bigjohn12
Hi,

I've just received my A levels results and i've just missed my firm offer by two marks.

More specifically Physics at 78%.

I mainly have two questions here, what is the leniency like for comp sci at Uni of Warwick regarding missed offers?

and what steps should I take right now to hopefully increase my chances of getting into my firm? i'm thinking of applying for a remark for both Physics (78%) and Maths (89%).

Have Warwick definitely rejected you? If not, the first step is to give them a ring and see what they say- reiterate how much you like the course and the uni.

I'm assuming you're not sitting A-levels. Would you be able to get a remark back before 31st August? If so, then it's definitely worth getting one, especially for physics. If you're getting a remark, you need to ring the uni and let them know, and let them know when you will have your results by. If it's before 31st August then they should hold your place.

I hope this helps :h:
Original post by Ray_Shadows
how have you got them a day early

(did you do that cambridge exam board)

Yeah, my examination board is CIE
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Have Warwick definitely rejected you? If not, the first step is to give them a ring and see what they say- reiterate how much you like the course and the uni.

I'm assuming you're not sitting A-levels. Would you be able to get a remark back before 31st August? If so, then it's definitely worth getting one, especially for physics. If you're getting a remark, you need to ring the uni and let them know, and let them know when you will have your results by. If it's before 31st August then they should hold your place.

I hope this helps :h:

I haven't gotten a reply since UCAS hasn't updated yet. If that's the case, should I immediately mention my actual results over the phone? or should I just ask them hypothetically? thanks!
Original post by bigjohn12
I haven't gotten a reply since UCAS hasn't updated yet. If that's the case, should I immediately mention my actual results over the phone? or should I just ask them hypothetically? thanks!

Wait until UCAS updates tomorrow, and if you don't have a firm decision call them then. You'll need to discuss your actual results with the uni!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending