The Student Room Group

resitting A levels

If i were to resit biology & chemistry (pearson edexcel) would i need to redo my practicals?
(edited 4 years ago)
bump
As long as you passed them last year then no
Original post by PAPAFRANKRU
As long as you passed them last year then no

wdym i passed them this year but i wanna resit (dat wud b in june ig) but idk if practicals wud need 2 b repeated or not
ta
Reply 4
Original post by lyer_in_hellfyre
wdym i passed them this year but i wanna resit (dat wud b in june ig) but idk if practicals wud need 2 b repeated or not
ta

Maybe try writing in English and you might pass your exams next year 🙂

EDIT: You joined in May 2019 and you’ve posted over 24,000 times?!!!!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
ta

Each practical needs to be passed as in your teacher makes sure you completed them properly. I resat biology and didn't have to redo the practices I had already completed.
Original post by Bazyli
Maybe try writing in English and you might pass your exams next year 🙂

EDIT: You joined in May 2019 and you’ve posted over 24,000 times?!!!!!!

tankz 4 ur vote of confidence wish it were that easy to pass loll
yh ik been spamming need 2 srsly cut it down defo
Each practical needs to be passed as in your teacher makes sure you completed them properly. I resat biology and didn't have to redo the practices I had already completed.

ah ok cool thanks for confirming!
edit: btw did u take edexcel?
ah ok cool thanks for confirming!
edit: btw did u take edexcel?

Nope OCR but it should the same
Nope OCR but it should the same

i see ta
I have few more queries...
* If the grades I get from re-exam are lower than previous exam, how will the grading be on the certificate?
* While re-sitting is it mandatory to redo all the a-level courses I took earlier or is it just the particular ones I need?
Bump :redface:
You can carry forward marks for NEA (coursework) from previous exam seasons - including a pass in the assessed practicals - but the marks from exams used to calculate the grade you get on the new certificate are purely from the most recent exam season. This means your grade can get worse than the previous attempt.

Each A level is separate. You can resit one - or more - and/or take a new one as well.
Original post by Compost
You can carry forward marks for NEA (coursework) from previous exam seasons - including a pass in the assessed practicals - but the marks from exams used to calculate the grade you get on the new certificate are purely from the most recent exam season. This means your grade can get worse than the previous attempt.

Each A level is separate. You can resit one - or more - and/or take a new one as well.

:ta: a lot for clarifying! (Is there any link you know of that mentions about it?)
:ta: a lot for clarifying! (Is there any link you know of that mentions about it?)

There are a whole load of exam regulations I could direct you to, but I've been an exams officer for 15 years and you can trust what I say.
Original post by Compost
There are a whole load of exam regulations I could direct you to, but I've been an exams officer for 15 years and you can trust what I say.

I see :ta:

Quick Reply

Latest