The Student Room Group

Medicine through clearing (A level resit)

Does anyone know whether it’s possible to get into medicine through clearing as a resit applicant that will not apply through the normal ucas process but rather the following year when finding out results on results day through clearing?
Reply 1
Yes, I am talking talking about the following year, what would be the process of applying as a private candidate through ucas without having the grades and resitting?
Reply 2
I just don’t quite get the process of applying as a private candidate, who will predict my grades for me? I am sitting my ucat very shortly, and can hopefully achieve well in that. I doubt any unis would accept me if I have no predicted grades/haven’t achieved the grades for a level. So to me it seems viable to achieve the grades (by resitting) and try through clearing if possible. Could you shed some like into this topic?
Reply 3
Original post by Muddy7865
Does anyone know whether it’s possible to get into medicine through clearing as a resit applicant that will not apply through the normal ucas process but rather the following year when finding out results on results day through clearing?

hey i retook this year biology ,maths and chemistry . when your a private candidate you do have to apply through UCAS again and when you apply it will be the same process but the only difference is that you wont be doing it with a school and wont have a buzzword to enter . But, when you are retaking you will have to have predicted grades, you will have to have someone in the educational field to give you your reference and predicted grades. e.g I had private tutors and got her to write my reference and give me predicted grades. You can ask your college/sixth form teachers to give you a reference and predicted grades but they are not entitled to give it to you as you have left and is an external student. and put in your current grades you got and for the univeristy to know that your retaking you have to insert bio, chem and maths again and next to it you will see "pending" and click pending .

hope this helps:smile:
Reply 4
also to make sure your get your desired grades i highly recommend doing past papers from now and go through topics as you do past papers. when you see what you get stuck in the past papers you can revise this topic. make sure you do past papers at least 3 times for all subjects . dont worry about learning the knoweldge till you think its perfect , its inevetiable you will forget which is why you will have to repeat constantly to not forget knowledge (e.g learn about titration one week , go over the next morning , come back to it in one week , then one 1 , then 2 month ) but focus on past papers .
Original post by Muddy7865

Some universities will have an internal procedure when accepting applicants through clearing so you won’t need a UCAS form. However I would strongly recommend you submit a UCAS form anyway because you don’t know if or which unis will be in clearing and some make only be able to take you in if you have a UCAS ID
Reply 6
Cheers, I appreciate the advice and will come back after I ace my ucat
Reply 7
How long did you have your private tutors for if you don’t mind me asking? And what were the prices like for entering as an external candidate? What unis did you apply for were you strategic? And we’re all of the unis for medicine bar the 5th option? Thankyou for the advice though, this has really shed some light as to what I might have to do. I did get an offer for Brighton & Sussex but missed out because of one subject but I was told Sheffield accept resits so this still gives me hope.
Original post by Sadilla
hey i retook this year biology ,maths and chemistry . when your a private candidate you do have to apply through UCAS again and when you apply it will be the same process but the only difference is that you wont be doing it with a school and wont have a buzzword to enter . But, when you are retaking you will have to have predicted grades, you will have to have someone in the educational field to give you your reference and predicted grades. e.g I had private tutors and got her to write my reference and give me predicted grades. You can ask your college/sixth form teachers to give you a reference and predicted grades but they are not entitled to give it to you as you have left and is an external student. and put in your current grades you got and for the univeristy to know that your retaking you have to insert bio, chem and maths again and next to it you will see "pending" and click pending .

hope this helps:smile:
Reply 8
So you started revising from september for the resits?
Original post by Sadilla
also to make sure your get your desired grades i highly recommend doing past papers from now and go through topics as you do past papers. when you see what you get stuck in the past papers you can revise this topic. make sure you do past papers at least 3 times for all subjects . dont worry about learning the knoweldge till you think its perfect , its inevetiable you will forget which is why you will have to repeat constantly to not forget knowledge (e.g learn about titration one week , go over the next morning , come back to it in one week , then one 1 , then 2 month ) but focus on past papers .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending