The Student Room Group

A-level re-marks

I payed to get my priority re-marks (review) on results day on the 15th and I still haven’t heard back. What should I do? Some of my friends already received their results.. help

Scroll to see replies

Give it a couple more days and see, it may just take slightly longer. If you don’t have them by Monday call your exams officer perhaps.
Original post by Hazzabear
Give it a couple more days and see, it may just take slightly longer. If you don’t have them by Monday call your exams officer perhaps.

Ohh okayy thank you. Hopefully I get something before Monday
Original post by Alexandraaa009
Ohh okayy thank you. Hopefully I get something before Monday

I hope so too, do remember its near bank holiday so you may not get anything till the day after. (the exams officer wont be in on monday in fact). Good luck!
Reply 4
Have any of your friends had their marks changed? Which subject and Board is your request for?
Original post by TCL
Have any of your friends had their marks changed? Which subject and Board is your request for?

Yeaaa they’ve received their remarks and their grades went up in most cases. Psychology was AQA and geography was Edexcel
Reply 6
Yeaaa they’ve received their remarks and their grades went up in most cases. Psychology was AQA and geography was Edexcel

Nice to hear of some successful reviews as so many have been disappointed. Fingers crossed for you!

Has your friend got back the AQA psychology? If so when? xx
Reply 8
Anyone had AQA English or History remarks back yet my friends are still waiting?
Original post by TCL
Nice to hear of some successful reviews as so many have been disappointed. Fingers crossed for you!

Just got my geography re-mark back and it went up, honestly I’m so happy. I’m just waiting for psychology now.
Original post by liliancjyicloud
Has your friend got back the AQA psychology? If so when? xx

Nope sorry, I’m still waiting on AQA psychology as well, I was 1 mark of an A*. Hopefully we hear from them soon. Fingers crossed x
Original post by Muser99
Anyone had AQA English or History remarks back yet my friends are still waiting?

Nope sorry I don’t know anyone that did AQA English or history so I can’t tell.
Reply 12
Just got my geography re-mark back and it went up, honestly I’m so happy. I’m just waiting for psychology now.

Great news! It is terrible that they get so many wrong, but well done for sorting it out so quickly.
Original post by TCL
Great news! It is terrible that they get so many wrong, but well done for sorting it out so quickly.

Nice little earner for them though!Personally do not think school approved remarks should have to pay.
Reply 14
Original post by Scotney
Nice little earner for them though!Personally do not think school approved remarks should have to pay.

Alexandraaaaaa's one will have been refunded because it resulted in a change of grade. Maybe all schools should be allowed to query a certain percentage free - say 10% of results. The school could prioritise based on whether students have achieved expected grades and how far they are from a boundary. Seems fair that people getting speculative reviews should fund it themselves.

I am supporting my son through some reviews of marking. The school have not commented on whether or not he should get them. So far we have the papers back and there seems to be 9 marks worth of answers in the Chemistry paper which do not have any ticks or crosses - including 1 page with no examiner's markings. I am really hoping that means he has not got credit for that work and there might be the 7 marks he needs for an A* there. Most people 7 marks from a grade boundary would just accept it. We will be pleased if it goes up, but outraged that so many errors happen!
Original post by TCL
Alexandraaaaaa's one will have been refunded because it resulted in a change of grade. Maybe all schools should be allowed to query a certain percentage free - say 10% of results. The school could prioritise based on whether students have achieved expected grades and how far they are from a boundary. Seems fair that people getting speculative reviews should fund it themselves.

I am supporting my son through some reviews of marking. The school have not commented on whether or not he should get them. So far we have the papers back and there seems to be 9 marks worth of answers in the Chemistry paper which do not have any ticks or crosses - including 1 page with no examiner's markings. I am really hoping that means he has not got credit for that work and there might be the 7 marks he needs for an A* there. Most people 7 marks from a grade boundary would just accept it. We will be pleased if it goes up, but outraged that so many errors happen!

Oh have been where you are with son's place at Oxford at stake!We are not well off but luckily could find the money for remarks but it is a racket having to pay !50 pounds for 3 papers.Plenty of people have not got that money.His grades did go up but we still lost 50 pounds because we had to have both papers remarked on one subject and only one went up.I think if grade goes up in a subject you should get all your money back as it was not you who caused the error it was the exam boards incompetence.
Just heard story of a 43 mark upgrade from WJEC which is an absolute disgrace.Goodluck with your boy's remark hopefully it will work out in his favour.
I am still waiting for my biology a level. AQA got 180 pounds for the privilege of marking 3 papers again so that I can hopefully get 2 marks more for an a grade.

Flipping ridiculous

Waiting.
Original post by LittleWilly
I am still waiting for my biology a level. AQA got 180 pounds for the privilege of marking 3 papers again so that I can hopefully get 2 marks more for an a grade.

Flipping ridiculous

Waiting.

i know right, my parents had to pay 180 for three aqa biology papers. i only need one mark and im gonna be so annoyed if one paper goes up 1 and the other goes down.

at this point it feels like a money making scheme!
Original post by LittleWilly

Flipping ridiculous

Waiting.

Original post by davidskis17
i know right, my parents had to pay 180 for three aqa biology papers. i only need one mark and im gonna be so annoyed if one paper goes up 1 and the other goes down.

at this point it feels like a money making scheme!

Thing is at the time you are so desperate you just pay it but watching it year after year I am increasingly amazed they are allowed to continue charging for each paper individually.
Original post by Scotney
Thing is at the time you are so desperate you just pay it but watching it year after year I am increasingly amazed they are allowed to continue charging for each paper individually.

You are right. It’s almost criminal.

Quick Reply

Latest