The Student Room Group

school

what school am I supposed to attend if I'm 17 without any GCSE's but I also want to go to university? (I just moved in London form Italy a month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Basmayounes
what school am I supposed to attend if I'm 17 without any GCSE's but I also want to go to university? (I just moved in London form Italy a month ago)

A college or a sixth form usually
Reply 2
Is there any way you can help me to look up at schools that don't require GCSE's?
Reply 3
You’ve gotta be in full time education until 18
Have a look at local colleges and colleges in nearby towns and cities
(edited 4 years ago)
Is there any way you can help me to look up at schools that don't require GCSE's?

You’ll need to go to a school that offers GCSEs to begin with
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
and how long is it going to take me to get to university?
and how long is it going to take me to get to university?

GCSEs take approximately 1-2 years, and then either a levels/BTEC/IB/or an apprenticeship will take 2 years. After that you’ll go to university (normally)
Reply 7
oh God that's a lot of time! do I have any other options that are not going to take more than 2 years?
oh God that's a lot of time! do I have any other options that are not going to take more than 2 years?

Do they have equivalent qualifications in Italy like ib middle years programme that you might have done?

Do you have any qualifications at the moment? And what are you thinking of studying at university?
no :frown:
no because it Italy you get your first qualification after the age of 19 and for University I don't have a specific plan yet but I'm probably going to study something related to science
no :frown:

You'll need to get the qualifications to apply for university first, which will take a few years
no because it Italy you get your first qualification after the age of 19 and for University I don't have a specific plan yet but I'm probably going to study something related to science

Il diploma di scuola superiore non ce l'hai? Se la risposta è allorapuoi utilizzare quello oppure ti tocca rifare almeno matematica ed inglese gcse in un college

You’ll most likely need GCSEs to begin with, and then go into further education of an a level type. (Universities require qualifications at specific standards e.g: an a level in biology)
ho 17 anni e facevo lo scientifico quindi il diploma non c'è l'ho ancora però non mi va di fare 3 anni prima di andare all'università
ho 17 anni e facevo lo scientifico quindi il diploma non c'è l'ho ancora però non mi va di fare 3 anni prima di andare all'università

secondo me è meglio continuare la scuola in italia. Prendi il diploma e poi torna qui perché dovrai fare almeno 3+ anni e ti spego anche perché: dato che non hai il diploma ti tocca rifare matematica ed inglese (come ho detto prima) + altri gcse (dipende da quello che vuoi fare). Dopodiché, se hai i voti, dovrai iniziare i tuoi a levels. Solo dopo avverli finiti puoi fare domanda quindi sono 3 anni se vuoi fare i gcse in un anno
I read on internet that BTEC don't require GCSE is that right?
oramai sono già qui perché mi sono trasferita con la mia famiglia e in una scuola mi hanno detto che posso fare i GCSE's a settembre ma ho troppo poco tempo per prepararmi però avevo sentito che potevo frequentare i college ne sai qualcosa?
I read on internet that BTEC don't require GCSE is that right?

Devi fare matematica ed inglese per forza

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending