The Student Room Group

UCAT and entry

Hello all, I currently hold an Msc in Psychology and a Pg Dip in medical imaging dignostics and I also have 5 a-b in GCSE. SO I've been told to have a levels and am starting them in Sept, (Chem, Phy and Bio). Should I do UCAT ths year and differ entry till I have finished my Alevels that way I can do BMAT next summer too? Thoughts welcome
Okay I was under the impression (by UCAT) I could use my UCAT score for 2 years as long as I differed my entry
Ah so I'm better of cancelling my UCAT exam cause I'm booked on there for the 1st Oct, I'm confused cause I'm doing A levels as they require this over 2 years but Queen Mary has said to do As only but that's only one choice. Also i was going to do my As and A2 in one year but as im not doing them over 2 I guess its better I sit my UCAT next year ?
Yes, which is why I'm taking them over 2 years cause I want to get it right, my A levels are not resits, I have a masters and modules at degree level in biochemistry and medical imaging so however, will I have predicted grades for my AS in October? to apply this year to then differ entry till 2021 when ill have my a level complete?
I wanted to take my UCAT this year so I would have time to take it again if the score was below 650, and if it was good then Use it for the 2021 entry, I guess that's not possible. Well, I was going to do Clinical Neurology this year at Sheffield (Msc) and then apply to medicine however I was told without A levels in Bio and Chem they wouldn't accept me as a graduate entry my responses are below

Hull university:

Yes, I’m afraid we do require 3 A-levels, to include Biology and Chemistry, for our graduate applicants. I’m sorry to be so inflexible but although we do accept graduate applicants, our course is predominantly aimed at school leavers.

All the best

Dr Paul Docherty
Admissions Tutor

Imperial University

Graduate Entry

Our Graduate Medicine degree (UCAS code A109) has been suspended and as such, the course will not run in September 2019 or 2020. Graduates may be considered for the full 6 year MBBS (including the BSc year) but must meet the entry criteria of that course (i.e. A-Levels or equivalent).

Thank you for your email.

All our Medicine applicants need to have taken A levels and achieved the required grades in the required subjects. I’m afraid we cannot make any exceptions to this. We have a very high science content in our course and our students need to be at least A grade in Chemistry and Biology to cope with the demands of the course.

Kind regards
Josie Carter
Imperial College London

Sheffield University:

Thank you for your email.

As I have already noted, you would need an A Level in Biology or Chemistry. You would need to be predicted at least a grade B.

Because your first degree is in Design, taking an A level as above would render you eligible for our 5-year programme but you would not be eligible for our 4-year graduate entry programme. You would be in competition with all other applicants to the programme and as your first attempt taking them it would not be a resit. You would need to take the UCAT.

Best wishes

Julian
Dr Julian Burton
MBChB Director of Undergraduate Medical Admissions

SO... as you can see although graduate-entry on paper seems logical as my previous degree is in design and I don't have the a-levels I would need to sit them
Reply 5
Hi would you be able to provide a link or info about which 18 uk med schools that accept a level repeats? Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending