The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

***UCL 2019 Accomodation Thread***

Hey guys,

I’m a final year A-Level student and received an offer from UCL earlier this year. As I’ve recently decided UCL is gonna be my first choice, I thought I’d start this thread because I haven’t seen one for 2019 specifically.

Just a few general questions:
-What accomodation is everyone considering (favourite halls etc) and why?
-What have you heard about any of the UCL halls in terms of social life, room quality etc
-Have you considered any of the intercollegiate halls too?

Personally, I’m leaning towards Connaught or John Adams. Both look great and I’ve heard great things about Connaught social life wise. Also heard that Ramsay is the most seshy, same with all of the Halls in Camden.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also leaning towards John Adams, or the new one Astor. I'm considering garden halls too, but the others are closer so might go for those.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I am a third year UCL student who has stayed in halls. If would strongly recommend you choose a catered hall as this will be more convenient and most importantly - fun.
I have a single ensuite room at Frances Gardner House, looking to swap for any type of room at Astor College : )
Yes same. Anyone fancy to swap with me as well? Frances Gardner is relatively cheap and there are shops around it. If anyone is in budge of accomodation. Please swap with me!! Much thanks !!! I don't mind any halls such as astor or john adams or any other halls. Thank you!
Original post by Idrissian
I have a single ensuite room at Frances Gardner House, looking to swap for any type of room at Astor College : )
Reply 5
When did you guys get your offers of accommodation? I haven’t gotten anything yet and it’s really frustrating!
Reply 6
Original post by Ruyax
When did you guys get your offers of accommodation? I haven’t gotten anything yet and it’s really frustrating!

I’m also waiting for the offer and I’m getting nervous 😬
hey guys, does anyone know how likely people are to get accommodation through the waiting list?
Reply 8
Original post by Ruyax

The 18th of this month. Offers usually come through by early September.
Hey I've got accomodation available at Therese House, looking to swap for any UCL or UoL halls?
Does anyone have any actual pictures of the inside of astor college?
Hi, i just received my offer for a £203/wk catered single ensuite in Lillian Penson halls near Hyde Park! I'm looking to swap for a catered single ensuite in The Garden Halls or College Hall preferably :smile: Or a hall nearer to UCL. (I am willing to pay)
(edited 4 years ago)
Hii I've got a single ensuite at James Lighthill for $222 per week, its near supermarkets and King's Cross, I'm wondering if anyone that's got a hall nearer to campus (John Adams, Astor, Ramsey etc.) would be willing to swap with me?
I have a catered place at international hall (15 min walk from campus)- would anyone like to swap with me for something closer to campus like Ramsay or Astor?
Or any UCL hall in fact.. I would love to be closer to school! I am also willing to pay :smile:
Original post by Larissalim11
Or any UCL hall in fact.. I would love to be closer to school! I am also willing to pay :smile:

where have you been given?
Reply 16
Hi! I have a place at Ian Baker House for a single non en-suite room would anyone be interested in swapping for a single self-catered room in The Garden Halls ?:smile:
Reply 17
Hi! I’ve been offered a single non en-suite room at Ian Baker House- would anyone be interested in swapping for The Garden Halls single non en-suite room(self catered) 😊 ?
Original post by I.dont_know
where have you been given?

I’ve been given Lillian Penson single ensuite catered
Original post by cathyyx
Hi! I have a place at Ian Baker House for a single non en-suite room would anyone be interested in swapping for a single self-catered room in The Garden Halls ?:smile:

Original post by cathyyx
Hi! I’ve been offered a single non en-suite room at Ian Baker House- would anyone be interested in swapping for The Garden Halls single non en-suite room(self catered) 😊 ?

pls check inbox

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending