The Student Room Group

My ex gf keep texting me?

I’ve blocked her actual number but she creates different numbers and texts me on whatsapp I’ve got various random numbers from her blocked I’ve told her don’t ever contact me again and she does still

Dont know if I qualify for a restraining order has I owe the bi*** $1,000 +

Scroll to see replies

You probably can't get a restraining order unless she's threatening you and turning up at your home, work etc but you can get a harassment order. If you respond to hervtexts it makes it difficult to class as harassment. It also depends on the nature of the texts. If you have 2 instances of phone calls or texts that are sent to cause distress or alarm to a person then a harassment order can be issued to the person. This is just a warning like an asbo but is usually enough for the person to stop. If they continue to harass you after a harassment order they can be charged. Depending on the nature of the texts they can also be cautioned for malicious communications. The police will visit you and ask to see the phone calls and texts, they will then visit the person and tell them that a complaint has been made against them and caution them to stop. Harassment is only valid if you have ignored all communication. If you have texted back or engaged in conversation they may not view it as harassment. It's at the discretion of the officer dealing with your case. Don't block her numbers, let her text for a while longer so u have evidence. But if its just a case of an ex girlfriend missing you and making contact without threat or upset to you it would be a strong line to go down however if the texts are abusive, persistent and causing you distress then you are protected by law against harassment. I had to go down this route myself and it wasn't pleasant but it became relentless and I couldn't deal with the situation myself so I had to contact the police who came out and looked at my phone records and texts. They gave a harassment warning to the person and told them if they attempted to make contact with me again either directly or through another person they would be arrested and charged. I haven't heard anything since and sometimes a simple police visit does the job without going down the route of restraint orders etc.
No idea but blocking seems a good idea
Reply 3
I have replied back when she’s texted we just text insulting one another and talking about my debt to her
Reply 4
Original post by Fruits125
You probably can't get a restraining order unless she's threatening you and turning up at your home, work etc but you can get a harassment order. If you respond to hervtexts it makes it difficult to class as harassment. It also depends on the nature of the texts. If you have 2 instances of phone calls or texts that are sent to cause distress or alarm to a person then a harassment order can be issued to the person. This is just a warning like an asbo but is usually enough for the person to stop. If they continue to harass you after a harassment order they can be charged. Depending on the nature of the texts they can also be cautioned for malicious communications. The police will visit you and ask to see the phone calls and texts, they will then visit the person and tell them that a complaint has been made against them and caution them to stop. Harassment is only valid if you have ignored all communication. If you have texted back or engaged in conversation they may not view it as harassment. It's at the discretion of the officer dealing with your case. Don't block her numbers, let her text for a while longer so u have evidence. But if its just a case of an ex girlfriend missing you and making contact without threat or upset to you it would be a strong line to go down however if the texts are abusive, persistent and causing you distress then you are protected by law against harassment. I had to go down this route myself and it wasn't pleasant but it became relentless and I couldn't deal with the situation myself so I had to contact the police who came out and looked at my phone records and texts. They gave a harassment warning to the person and told them if they attempted to make contact with me again either directly or through another person they would be arrested and charged. I haven't heard anything since and sometimes a simple police visit does the job without going down the route of restraint orders etc.

I have replied back to her text we just text insulting one another and talking about my debt to her
Reply 5
Original post by barnetlad
No idea but blocking seems a good idea

I’ve blocked her man but she gets new numbers and texts me still I’ve got like 10 random numbers blocked then she gets another one in couple minutes and texts me again
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve blocked her actual number but she creates different numbers and texts me on whatsapp I’ve got various random numbers from her blocked I’ve told her don’t ever contact me again and she does still

You have done this thread before. You could change your number? But i will not comnent on your description of her and what you owe her. We have spoken about this before!
Done this thread before, she's only texting to get her money back
Pay up

Well you're the **** in this situation since you owe her money. She's not doing anything wrong.

U need to give her her money back! What do u expect?

If you owe her over $1000, why haven't you paid her back? Maybe she would stop contacting you if she got her money?
Perhaps change your number?
Original post by cheesecakelove
If you owe her over $1000, why haven't you paid her back? Maybe she would stop contacting you if she got her money?

Bc I can’t afford to pay the bi*** back she still texts me couple days asking where her money is I tell the bit*** to go suck her mother
Original post by choco_monsterxo
Perhaps change your number?

To much of a hassle
Original post by cheesecakelove

I can’t afford to pay back the bi***
Original post by Girlpowers
Bc I can’t afford to pay the bi*** back she still texts me couple days asking where her money is I tell the bit*** to go suck her mother

Well that's a you problem. She'll keep on doing whatever the **** she needs to do to get that money because she deserves it.

Perhaps she just wants the money you owe her?
If she has any sense she will just sue you.
Surely a troll? I hope she never gives up until you give her back her money. Scumbag.
Original post by NinjaBurger1337
Well that's a you problem. She'll keep on doing whatever the **** she needs to do to get that money because she deserves it.

Is she wants to do whatever she wants I’ll call cops cause I’ve had enough her harassment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending