The Student Room Group

Midnight Stargazing

Welp, here we go again. Again.

Hello there! I'm Matthew, though I'll never refer to myself as that again here, so I'm Midnight, 17 year old student in south Wales. Welcome to...er...another year of trials and tribulations, this time me getting myself through A2 year. What a trainwreck this will be.

As a prospective chemistry applicant who has yet to do any wider reading or start a personal statement at time of writing, I'm screwed. Moreover, as a prospective chemistry applicant who has lost a lot of interest in anything academic, what hope do I have

RIGHT, this bit. Ono.

GCSE GRADES

Spoiler

AS GRADES

Spoiler

PREDICTED GRADES FOR A2 and MY OWN TARGETS

Spoiler

UNIVERSITY APPLICATIONS

Spoiler

Along with the three A-Levels, our college has decided that the "brightest students" must do the full course Cambridge Pre-U qualification in Global Perspectives. Until today, this was short course, but the powers that be decided we need to do even more work. Whyyy

Anyway, that's just about it from me. Thanks for getting this far, and hope you follow along. I'd appreciate it.

Now stop procrastinating on here and get back to work.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Watching :smile:

Updating your GYG doesn't count as procrastinating, I promise :wink:
Heyy:smile: will be watching
Reply 3
Original post by Evil Homer
Watching :smile:

Updating your GYG doesn't count as procrastinating, I promise :wink:

Aha, thank you and duly noted :wink:

Original post by Obolinda
Heyy:smile: will be watching

Hi again, great!

Btw tag list starts from first post on Monday (updates Monday and Thursday), if anyone wants to be tagged tell me, I will carry over those who said they wanna be tagged from my previous GYG
Reply 4
Hey, would love to be tagged in this GYG! Best of luck with Year 13! :rave:
Reply 5
Good luck with your A-Levels and please tag me in future updates. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by nyxnko_
Hey, would love to be tagged in this GYG! Best of luck with Year 13! :rave:

Was gonna carry you over from the previous one regardless but thank you anyway and will do

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Good luck with your A-Levels and please tag me in future updates. :smile:

Thanks, noted
Reply 7
Good luck! Don't worry too much about wider reading atm, remember it's just for PS filler. Also flick throuh the course catalog of some unis if you're unsure on alternatives

Really baffled about the pre-U thing though
good luck! would love to be tagged again :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Sinnoh
Good luck! Don't worry too much about wider reading atm, remember it's just for PS filler. Also flick throuh the course catalog of some unis if you're unsure on alternatives

Really baffled about the pre-U thing though

Thanks and fair enough. You wanna be tagged?

Original post by entertainmyfaith
good luck! would love to be tagged again :smile:

Thank you. Ok will do
we're back and we're gonna do it all over again..
good luck from another immensely screwed year 13:redface:
Reply 11
Original post by troubletracking
we're back and we're gonna do it all over again..
good luck from another immensely screwed year 13:redface:

Aha nice to know I'm not alone 😂
Reply 12
Original post by MidnightSymphony
Thanks and fair enough. You wanna be tagged?

May be swamped with notifs this year so I'll put it under watched
Reply 13
Mon Sep 2-

OK so I'll start back in college on Thursday officially but I'm going to get my timetable Wednesday. This means seeing my personal tutor again and THAT probably means answering a lot of difficult questions regarding topics such as "why haven't you done any extra reading?" and "why are you so disinterested?" and honestly I don't...really...have an answer for all that.

I also have a driving lesson Wednesday- it's my 4th, but I'm still almost too scared to get in the car. Driving scares me, honestly. I don't wanna do it that much, but hey ho, ya kinda have to, so uh yeah

What have I achieved?-
Barely anything. I'm practicing for grade 8 piano very sporadically and that's all the work I'm doing. I did play for someone's little event on Saturday (note- got given the music an hour before) which was stressful but got paid £40! Which for someone who doesn't have a job, is pretty big. I'd like to keep this up-

What do I want to achieve this week?-
a) Don't argue with college tutor
b) Begin personal statement, for completion by end of October (want application sent off by half term)
c) ...begin A2 work in college?

To those who've shown interest so far, thanks muchly. At least I know I'm not talking to a metaphorical brick wall. More thorough and interesting (I hope) update will happen after I'm back in college.

This is the only time I'll carry over my old tags so if you're there please tell me if you wanna be tagged again (if you already haven't)

Spoiler

the sooner you get that PS started, the better:yep: you can do it!:rave:
Hope you start your PS soon! :rave:
Reply 16
OK will do! Thank you, it feels like such a short time to think of, this year, even before I've started it

Original post by entertainmyfaith
the sooner you get that PS started, the better:yep: you can do it!:rave:

Original post by nyxnko_
Hope you start your PS soon! :rave:

I knowwww I need to stop putting it offfff but I don't have a clue what I'm doing
:woo:
Keep me tagged please and the best of luck for Thursday :smile:
Reply 18
Good luck with writing your personal statement. A good starting point is to make bullet points of things you may want to include and get it all down on paper and then cross out ones which are irrelevant and go from there. Good luck with Thursday! 🙂
Original post by MidnightSymphony
OK will do! Thank you, it feels like such a short time to think of, this year, even before I've started it

I knowwww I need to stop putting it offfff but I don't have a clue what I'm doing

tsr will likely have some good resources on how to start and what to put in your ps- which university has a good ps builder too:h:
starting it is the hardest bit, it doesn't need to be perfect the first time round; even if it's a few bullet points it's something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending