The Student Room Group

Chemistry, biology, psychology a levels for medicine?

Do I stand a good chance of being accepted into med school doing chemistry, biology and psychology ?

Does picking 3 pure sciences e.g. biology chemistry physics affect how universities see your application?

Should I consider Physics instead of Psychology?
(edited 4 years ago)
Most unis just want chemistry and biology. So you'll be perfectly fine with those choices.
I did biology, chemistry and music. Music isn't your typical A Level for a med applicant and I got 3 interviews
Reply 3
Original post by upbeat4
I did biology, chemistry and music. Music isn't your typical A Level for a med applicant and I got 3 interviews

Did you end up getting into medicine?
Original post by Wirral21
Did you end up getting into medicine?

Yeah, I'm off to KCL in a week!
Reply 5
Original post by upbeat4
Yeah, I'm off to KCL in a week!

Congrats!! Thanks for the quick reply!

Any crucial parts of the application process that you feel helped you secure a place?
Original post by Wirral21
Congrats!! Thanks for the quick reply!

Any crucial parts of the application process that you feel helped you secure a place?

Med schools don't generally care about your 3rd A level unless you're going for Oxbridge. As long as you get the A*AA/AAA at the end, your 3rd choice doesn't matter. I don't think I did anything special to convince the interviewers that I had the potential to becoming a great doctor, the application process is very tough but survivable. If you need any help regarding PS, interviews or anything else, feel free to PM me.
Reply 7
Thanks, this advice has been genuinely really helpful.
Good luck next week!
Reply 8
Original post by upbeat4

Hi, I'm doing biology, chemistry and music, and I want to go into medicine :smile:. Which exam board did you do for music? And do you have any advice for A Level Music and applying to Medicine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending