The Student Room Group

I'm bready! Toastie's Year 13 gyg

Scroll to see replies

days 3, 4 and 5

day 3 (friday)
in the morning i had double physics, in which i gave my pag presentation (which i did on the very cool space mission OSIRIS-REx). it was quite a nice presentation to give as it was just to my class (nothing like project xyz last year where we presented to a big lecture theatre:laugh:) and i got asked some really good questions:woo: we then recapped the gravitational fields things we did at the end of last year, i had glandular fever back then so i didn't really concentrate so am very glad we recapped the stuff again otherwise i'd be pretty screwed:colondollar:
after break i had double core which was lovely, we started doing partial fractions (so that we could integrate fractions with lots going on). i forgot how much i love core:love:
then after lunch we had club taster sessions, i was running a club so had to prep for that over lunch before going to/running a few sessions `which was really fun (and nice to meet lots of new year 12s)
in the evening i came home and played with our new kitten, she's very sweet and is currently trying to run across my laptop keyboard without me catching her:lol:
the weekend
i didn't really do anything, didn't have much homework (other than the pag i've owed for approximately 10 weeks now) so i did a bit of the pag but mainly just chilled out:biggrin:
day 4 (mon)
my morning was a bit weird; i opted to take two off syllabus courses (they're run by teachers at school during the school day teaching cool maths/other subjects) so i went to a maths one (called sums and integrals) and an economics one (macro for grownups) which were both very exciting:yep: i've taken them both as a taster and i'm supposed to drop down to just one next week but i'm hoping i can sneak into both of them:hide: in sums and integrals we did some cool maths that made me go wHOa and macro for grownups was so lovely, i've missed econ so much and it's made me realise how much i want econ to be part of my degree when i do uni:thumbsup:
after break i had stats in which we threw beanbags what we thought was 3m and got loads of people to do it and recorded their actual results in a spreadsheet:gah:
then i had core in which we did more partial fractions except they were a lot harder:smile:
in the afternoon i had mechanics, we did moments again but with forces coming at things from different angles, i got really into the questions and ended up doing more of them after school:nerd:
at the end of the day i had a free in which i tried (and failed) to finish the pag from ages ago then after school i did a load of moments and partial fraction questions with my friends:grouphugs:
day 5 (today)
i had core first in which we summed some partial fractions to infinity which was interesting (and very satisfying; we did them as telescoping sums:gah:)
then i had personal development (basically pshe) in which we covered the equalities act and our rights.
after break i had mechanics in which we did even more on moments though it was with boxes which we tipping or sliding which i found quite hard to get my head around at first.
then stats, in which we took the data from the spreadsheet we made yesterday and made a funky histogram (for some reason i always thought histograms were a gcse thing and didn't exist at a-level so i was very disappointed to see them again:sigh:) and talked about how the data was distributed.
in the afternoon i had double physics we did electric fields which was HARD:sadnod:, i found it conceptually really confusing. i started getting my head around it towards the end of the lesson but i'm hoping that the homework will solidify everything for me:dontknow:
after school i ate caramel m&ms with my friend, came home and have been playing with the kitten since. i might begin some homework but she's so cute.

here is a pic of my bby:heart:

Spoiler

i hope everyone has had a good first week(ish) back:lovehug:
toastie
10/09/2019

toastinators: if you want to be added or removed then just let me know:heart:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Glad you've had a good few days! Well done for your presentation! What a lot of partial fractions and mech :eek: Finish that PAG though :tongue:
you're doing so well and i love how enthusiastic you are!! the sums and integrals thing sounds especially cool.. also KITTEN SHE'S THE CUTEST I'VE EVER SEEN <3

and don't worry about the pag i've got five or six from year 12 that i still need to improve and give in for remarking ;-;
Reply 63
All you really need to bother about with electric fields is that it's just gravitational but sometimes going the other way; the general structure of the equations is the same.
Telescoping sums are nice and it's really one-method-fits-all so as long as you don't make numerical mistakes it's free marks pretty much :smile:

also goddamn that kitten is cute :crazy:
Reply 64
Original post by Toastiekid
days 3, 4 and 5

day 3 (friday)
in the morning i had double physics, in which i gave my pag presentation (which i did on the very cool space mission OSIRIS-REx). it was quite a nice presentation to give as it was just to my class (nothing like project xyz last year where we presented to a big lecture theatre:laugh:) and i got asked some really good questions:woo: we then recapped the gravitational fields things we did at the end of last year, i had glandular fever back then so i didn't really concentrate so am very glad we recapped the stuff again otherwise i'd be pretty screwed:colondollar:
after break i had double core which was lovely, we started doing partial fractions (so that we could integrate fractions with lots going on). i forgot how much i love core:love:
then after lunch we had club taster sessions, i was running a club so had to prep for that over lunch before going to/running a few sessions `which was really fun (and nice to meet lots of new year 12s)
in the evening i came home and played with our new kitten, she's very sweet and is currently trying to run across my laptop keyboard without me catching her:lol:
the weekend
i didn't really do anything, didn't have much homework (other than the pag i've owed for approximately 10 weeks now) so i did a bit of the pag but mainly just chilled out:biggrin:
day 4 (mon)
my morning was a bit weird; i opted to take two off syllabus courses (they're run by teachers at school during the school day teaching cool maths/other subjects) so i went to a maths one (called sums and integrals) and an economics one (macro for grownups) which were both very exciting:yep: i've taken them both as a taster and i'm supposed to drop down to just one next week but i'm hoping i can sneak into both of them:hide: in sums and integrals we did some cool maths that made me go wHOa and macro for grownups was so lovely, i've missed econ so much and it's made me realise how much i want econ to be part of my degree when i do uni:thumbsup:
after break i had stats in which we threw beanbags what we thought was 3m and got loads of people to do it and recorded their actual results in a spreadsheet:gah:
then i had core in which we did more partial fractions except they were a lot harder:smile:
in the afternoon i had mechanics, we did moments again but with forces coming at things from different angles, i got really into the questions and ended up doing more of them after school:nerd:
at the end of the day i had a free in which i tried (and failed) to finish the pag from ages ago then after school i did a load of moments and partial fraction questions with my friends:grouphugs:
day 5 (today)
i had core first in which we summed some partial fractions to infinity which was interesting (and very satisfying; we did them as telescoping sums:gah:)
then i had personal development (basically pshe) in which we covered the equalities act and our rights.
after break i had mechanics in which we did even more on moments though it was with boxes which we tipping or sliding which i found quite hard to get my head around at first.
then stats, in which we took the data from the spreadsheet we made yesterday and made a funky histogram (for some reason i always thought histograms were a gcse thing and didn't exist at a-level so i was very disappointed to see them again:sigh:) and talked about how the data was distributed.
in the afternoon i had double physics we did electric fields which was HARD:sadnod:, i found it conceptually really confusing. i started getting my head around it towards the end of the lesson but i'm hoping that the homework will solidify everything for me:dontknow:
after school i ate caramel m&ms with my friend, came home and have been playing with the kitten since. i might begin some homework but she's so cute.

Spoiler

toastie
10/09/2019

Spoiler

Sounds like you had an interesting week at school. Unfortunately the pictures aren't loading but your kitten must be very cute.
Original post by Lemur14
Glad you've had a good few days! Well done for your presentation! What a lot of partial fractions and mech :eek: Finish that PAG though :tongue:

:hugs:
i know, it's only one more period of mechanics a week (3 now, 2 last year) but it feels like i'm seeing my mechanics teacher all the time:laugh:
will do at some point...:colondollar:
Original post by euphrosynay
you're doing so well and i love how enthusiastic you are!! the sums and integrals thing sounds especially cool.. also KITTEN SHE'S THE CUTEST I'VE EVER SEEN <3

and don't worry about the pag i've got five or six from year 12 that i still need to improve and give in for remarking ;-;

aww:lovehug: it was:gah: am hoping they don't spot me hiding next week and kick me out:biggrin:
i know:love:
aha i need to find my year 12 pags whoops
Original post by Sinnoh
All you really need to bother about with electric fields is that it's just gravitational but sometimes going the other way; the general structure of the equations is the same.
Telescoping sums are nice and it's really one-method-fits-all so as long as you don't make numerical mistakes it's free marks pretty much :smile:

also goddamn that kitten is cute :crazy:

i know, just wish i understood the gravitational fields stuff better:facepalm: hopefully as we're doing the two topics parallel (but different teachers) it'll mean someone will explain it all so i get it:smile:
they are so satisfying:gah: and free marks:woo:
i know:lovie:
Telescoping sums :gah: I found electric fields hard too :sadnod: wish I could see the kitten but the photo won't show on my laptop :cry: so I'll try looking on my phone later!

...had to make this quick so I can run downstairs for bake off :vroam:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Sounds like you had an interesting week at school. Unfortunately the pictures aren't loading but your kitten must be very cute.

aghh sorry:frown: i thought i did it the right way but idk:dontknow:
hope you've had a good week:wink:
Original post by Protostar
Telescoping sums :gah: I found electric fields hard too :sadnod: wish I could see the kitten but the photo won't show on my laptop :cry: so I'll try looking on my phone later!

...had to make this quick so I can run downstairs for bake off :vroam:

i'm glad there's general agreement that they're freaking awesome:woo: oh no:frown:
i forgot!! agh gotta run, thank you for the reminder!:hugs:
Reply 69
aghh sorry:frown: i thought i did it the right way but idk:dontknow:
hope you've had a good week:wink:

Thanks! Had a great week so far except for calling stupid housing services to fix the bathroom light after I called them out to isolate it because there was a leak in the bathroom smh. I must've called like four times and waited piss ages because I got cut off the line for some reason before I managed to get through to someone and sort **** out. My parents are free tomorrow so I'll be heading down the market with mum to get some fresh fruit and veg and probably wonder around the local Morrisons lol. Hope you have a great week as well. :smile:
i know, it's only one more period of mechanics a week (3 now, 2 last year) but it feels like i'm seeing my mechanics teacher all the time:laugh:
will do at some point...:colondollar:

Makes it more than half the school days :dontknow: That still sounds like a lot to me though, we used to have 3 lessons of maths+3 of fm so having half of what we had as mech sounds like :eek:
A kitten!! :grin: :adore:
So. Much. Maths :gah:
i'm glad there's general agreement that they're freaking awesome:woo: oh no:frown:
i forgot!! agh gotta run, thank you for the reminder!:hugs:

We did them in A Level further maths but called it something else... method of differences springs to mind? Unless that was something else! :lol: but we did them in first year and they were the only series proofs I could do in the section :getmecoat: didn't work on my phone either! :frown: :frown:
:giggle: yay! glad I reminded you - hope you enjoyed it :biggrin: bread :drool:
can't see the photo of the kitten :frown: but i see loads of photos on sc so it's okay :wink:
we're meant to be starting partial fractions soon, hope they're not too bad :redface:
glad everything has been going well :hugs:
can't see the kitten either :no:
get your PAG done!!
days 3, 4 and 5

day 3 (friday)
the weekend
day 4 (mon)
day 5 (today)

Spoiler

toastie
10/09/2019

Spoiler

Hey Toastie,

I originally planned to follow alongside some of the GYG's this year, but unfortunately I'm really starting to feel the pressure with my subjects at Higher level and need to devote my full attention to my studies; as a result I have sadly put forward a request to have my tag withdrawn for the meantime. :frown: It was great following along (although your blog has only just begun) and I hope I can some time again in the future.
Oooh, sums and integrals, that sounds cool! :h: And MEI buddies! Are you doing your major in mechanics? And could I be tagged please? Thank you! :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Thanks! Had a great week so far except for calling stupid housing services to fix the bathroom light after I called them out to isolate it because there was a leak in the bathroom smh. I must've called like four times and waited piss ages because I got cut off the line for some reason before I managed to get through to someone and sort **** out. My parents are free tomorrow so I'll be heading down the market with mum to get some fresh fruit and veg and probably wonder around the local Morrisons lol. Hope you have a great week as well. :smile:

that sounds super annoying:grumble:
Original post by Lemur14
Makes it more than half the school days :dontknow: That still sounds like a lot to me though, we used to have 3 lessons of maths+3 of fm so having half of what we had as mech sounds like :eek:

eek, didn't realise that:lol: whoa, we have 6 core, 3 mech, 2 stats in a week:colondollar:
Original post by laurawatt
A kitten!! :grin: :adore:
So. Much. Maths :gah:

:gah:
i know:woo:, how are you finding maths?:smile:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Kitty :love:

Original post by Protostar
We did them in A Level further maths but called it something else... method of differences springs to mind? Unless that was something else! :lol: but we did them in first year and they were the only series proofs I could do in the section :getmecoat: didn't work on my phone either! :frown: :frown:
:giggle: yay! glad I reminded you - hope you enjoyed it :biggrin: bread :drool:

:dontknow: i haven't heard of that but we've not done all the content yet anyways sooo
sorry:frown:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
can't see the photo of the kitten :frown: but i see loads of photos on sc so it's okay :wink:
we're meant to be starting partial fractions soon, hope they're not too bad :redface:

:lovehug:
they are good fun, they end up being like an algebraic fraction then simultaneous equations:smile:
Original post by nyxnko_
glad everything has been going well :hugs:
can't see the kitten either :no:
get your PAG done!!

:lovehug: uhhh not today but i'll update soon...(currently feeling ill again which is gross)
oh no:frown:
ahhh still avoiding it:colondollar:
Original post by Strelzo
Hey Toastie,

I originally planned to follow alongside some of the GYG's this year, but unfortunately I'm really starting to feel the pressure with my subjects at Higher level and need to devote my full attention to my studies; as a result I have sadly put forward a request to have my tag withdrawn for the meantime. :frown: It was great following along (although your blog has only just begun) and I hope I can some time again in the future.

no worries:hugs: good luck with your highers!:wink:
Original post by SilentSolitaire
Oooh, sums and integrals, that sounds cool! :h: And MEI buddies! Are you doing your major in mechanics? And could I be tagged please? Thank you! :smile:

it is:gah:
i think we're doing a stats minor and a mechanics minor but tbh i'm not really sure...
of course:hugs:
Reply 79
that sounds super annoying:grumble:

Thanks. It was super annoying trying to get through on the line and get things sorted. I hope they don't come too early but not too late as I have to pop to Ryman's to collect my rice cooker that I ordered from Robert Dyas lol. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending