The Student Room Group

personal statment advice

hey
What is another way to start my introduction instead of saying I have been fascinated by science and the wonder that is the human body since childhood. For my medical personal statement i want to make it really catchy and short, something that can grab the readers attention. Thanks.
Original post by Elissamoor123
hey
What is another way to start my introduction instead of saying I have been fascinated by science and the wonder that is the human body since childhood. For my medical personal statement i want to make it really catchy and short, something that can grab the readers attention. Thanks.

You could mention a quote or a little about the reason why you have an interest in the human body. The main focus on your personal statement should be about you (as a prospective candidate) and why you are applying for your chosen subject. Once you have written a draft, you can upload it to the private Personal Statement forum on TSR where a member will provide feedback and additional comments.
“After binge watching scrubs while nursing a bad hangover, I realised I loved medicine and the banter which comes with the hospital work-environment.” - guaranteed offers
Talking about the human body doesn't say why you want to be a doctor and look after patients - that is more human biology. Just be honest, it doesn't need to be groundbreaking :smile:
Try something like, “I suffered a minor injury last year or I assumed it to be. What started off as a cut which was contaminated without my knowledge led to an illness requiring antibiotics and the ordeal left me perplexed. This caused my interest in the body’s processes to develop......” etc. idk u need to hook ur reader
If someone asked you why you want to be a doctor what would you say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending