The Student Room Group

Great Expectations : My GYG thread

Hi Guys,

This is my GYG thread and I am doing this to a) share how I'm revising b) motivate myself c) have a positive outlet for taking breaks from work.

I'm a Year 11 student sitting my iGCSEs in May/June 2020.

So, I will start with a little bit of context:

The subjects I do, the grades I want and expectations :
- English Literature : [AQA GCSE] and I want a 9 but my "target grade" is an 8
- Further Pure Mathematics [Edexcel iGCSE] : I want a 9 and am predicted a 9
- Biology [Edexcel iGCSE] : I want a 9 and am predicted a 8
- Physics [Edexcel iGCSE] : I want a 9 and am predicted a 9
- Chemistry [Edexcel iGCSE] : I want a 9 and am predicted a 9
- Computer Science [CIE iGCSE] : I want a 9 and am predicted a 8
- History [CIE iGCSE] : I want a 9 and am predicted a 9
- French [Edexcel iGCSE] : I want a 9 and am predicted a 9

The subject that I struggle with the most is probably french. I already have two 9s in Math and English Language.

My mocks are in 5 weeks and I know that's a long time but I'm aiming for the best grades I can possibly get.

I will be updating this thread every day/every two days depending on when I'm free. Please let me know if you want to be tagged.

Ps. I do hope this thread/post does well!

-TheRealMe
Original post by TheRealMe
Hi Guys,

This is my GYG thread and I am doing this to a) share how I'm revising b) motivate myself c) have a positive outlet for taking breaks from work.

The subject that I struggle with the most is probably french. I already have two 9s in Math and English Language.

My mocks are in 5 weeks and I know that's a long time but I'm aiming for the best grades I can possibly get.

I will be updating this thread every day/every two days depending on when I'm free. Please let me know if you want to be tagged.

-TheRealMe

Heya,

Good luck for this year! I hope your mocks go well, sending positive vibes! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hazzabear
Heya,

Good luck for this year! I hope your mocks go well, sending positive vibes! :smile:

Thank You so much!
Thank You so much!

No problem :biggrin:

Are you doing tags in your gyg?
Reply 4
Original post by Hazzabear
No problem :biggrin:

Are you doing tags in your gyg?

Yea! Lol but nobody has seen this post yet. Anyway, I can tag you if you want
Yea! Lol but nobody has seen this post yet. Anyway, I can tag you if you want

You only posted it four hours ago, so it might take time for people to see it. Just keep putting updates up :biggrin:
Reply 6
16 October 2019

Work I did Today:

Biology : I did Ecology Topic Papers from SaveMyExams. I did 3 topic papers.

Physics : I finished reviewing/revising Chapter 12 and Chapter 13 from Unit 3 : Waves. I also did one Topic Paper from SaveMyExams

Computer Science : I started solving a case study from May/June 2019 Version 1. I finished Task 1 but I'm stuck on Task 2 and so will be asking my teacher about that later

History : I finished reviewing Early Russia up yo the March 1917 revolution and did two sets of exam questions

What I didn't achieve and want to improve

I wasted a lot of time and was particularly inefficient

I went over the time limits/slots I gave and so didn't cover as much ground as I wanted.

Over the coming weekend, I want to strive to work harder not just smarter

Since we have Chemistry review lessons, I want to go over a good part of Unit 2 then

I also have to make a solid plan/study time table for the weekend

Thanks for reading and Good Luck with your own revision!
Reply 7
Hi Guys!!

I know it has been a horribly long time since I have updated this thread. :colondollar:
I'm so incredibly sorry and I will keep up with this (Not that anyone is following lol!)

Ok! So, it is the weekend after mocks and I've just had a bit of a chill which is actually not good considering all the time I have wasted. I am determined to get back on track this coming week. SO, hopefully, during the next week or so these update posts will be less waffle and more filled with academia and school stuff.

How did the mocks go? Funny, you ask...see, we don't talk about that. I honestly don't know how they went but they were not great (according to my standards). I was hoping for 9s and some 8s but I suppose I'll be lucky to scrape 7s. That's just how I fell right now.

Coming up next week, I have a Further maths test and the following week, I'll have a chemistry and biology test. So, if you wanna, do stay tuned for that!

As for the work I've done this weekend...not much (I've gotta be honest :dontknow:)
I did nearly two chapters of Maths exercises and then nearly reviewed all of Unit 4 (Organic Chemistry). I'm currently convincing myself that it'll be okay and I'l be back on the grind tmrw. (Not sure how that's goin tho :colondollar:)

Stay tuned for updates and keep going! See you on the other side,
TheRealMe
Hi Guys,

-TheRealMe

I hate to be mean but 'TheRealMe', really?

If you want to spend the rest of your life justifying your existence with GCSE grades then man, you are right on and that is real.

XRealman
Reply 9
Original post by Lucjan
I hate to be mean but 'TheRealMe', really?

If you want to spend the rest of your life justifying your existence with GCSE grades then man, you are right on and that is real.

XRealman

The rest of my life...seems a little bit of a stretch but, hey, I agree!
GCSEs for me are super-duper important and yea, you are right I am that kinda person.

But you see, according to me, I have a pretty decent amount of fun and in my opinion, it is okay to put certain things on hold to let me achieve my dreams.

Thx tho,
TheRealMe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending