The Student Room Group

Which Uni below would your prefer for MSc Data Science? Need advise!

I am an aspiring Data Scientist and I want to pursue my MSc Data science in the UK at Jan 2020 intake. These are the list of universities I got admission offer from. I need help in choosing the right university.

Kindly find the Uni list:
1) Coventry university
2) University of Hertfordshire
3) Robert Gordon University
4) Bournemouth University
5) University of Huddersfield
6) University of Teeside
7) London south bank university
Original post by Ashwin G
I am an aspiring Data Scientist and I want to pursue my MSc Data science in the UK at Jan 2020 intake. These are the list of universities I got admission offer from. I need help in choosing the right university.

1) Coventry university
6) University of Teeside

None of them tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by squeakysquirrel
None of them tbh.

If I had to pick one from those which one would be more practical?

1) Coventry university
6) University of Teeside

Hi there! I'll do my best to inform you about the MSc here at UH...

Our computer science department is one of the oldest in the country - the first course was offered in the 60s! As for the data science course, it builds on the strong research base the university has. There's a good mix of practical and theoretical work as you study the maths behind data analytics as well the practical application. The university has three dedicated computer labs with all-new PCs fitted just this year, as well as the Learning Resources Centre, so there's plenty of opportunity to get some practice in as well!

As well as this the course gives you the opportunity to take a placement year as part of the course. This is a great way of applying what you have learned in class to the 'real world', and can improve your chances of attaining a grad role once you complete your course. The careers department at uni is great and will help you get the right role either way.

Hope that helps a bit - if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Theo

1) Coventry university
6) University of Teeside

Hi @Ashwin G

Hope your research is going well :smile:.

A bit of info on our MSc Data Science here at Teesside.

There are three routes you can choose from with this course:

full-time - 2 years with advanced practice (September and January start)
full-time - 1 year (September start) or 16 months (January start)
part-time - 2 years.

You can see a list of all core modules here. If you opt for the advanced practice module you have the option of doing a year-long internship - vocational or research-based. This gives you a great opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge into practice, boost your CV and prepare for employment.

A particularly good thing about this programme is that in addition to your taught classes, we create opportunities for you to meet and network with our industry partners through events such as our ExpoSeries, which showcases student work to industry. ExpoTees is the pinnacle of the ExpoSeries with over 100 businesses from across the UK coming to the campus to meet our exceptional students, with a view to recruitment. Lots of students meet their future employers at this event - it's a brilliant chance to get the career you want.

Hope this helps.

Give us a call on 01642 342639 or email us at [email protected] if you'd like to chat through anything.

:smile:

1) Coventry university
6) University of Teeside

Hello,

This is so exciting, congrats on all your offers!

With regards to Huddersfield, it's an incredible place to study and live - it's got so much going on for such a small town, and there's great travel links to get around. We have a choice of pubs, clubs and bars within walking distance, lots of cafes and shops; as well as some great independent shops and venues. Everything is cheap and cheerful, so your loan goes further and people are so nice!

The uni has incredible industry links and our lecturers are all so knowledgeable and kind - we're a small uni so there's a real community vibe on campus, people have the time to get to know each other which means we have such a friendly campus! We have a gold TEF rating which means our teaching standards are nationally recognised as amazing - and it shows in our results, Huddersfield is such a hidden gem!

We have some student blogs on our website about postgraduate study, which you can find here: http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/#!%23_ga=2.101662535.731002718.1571903857-1881108531.1549875340 - feel free to take a look and if you have any questions, please feel free to DM or reply on this thread!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend,

Abbi

Student Rep, University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending