The Student Room Group

What was this about?

I'm heart broken as I was so stupid.
A female manager liked me, she showed me signs and she would let me off with alot at work that others would be sacked for. Oneday I took it too far and I had to be sacked, she just sent a P45 without a letter or meeting. I left on good terms (didn't talk badly to her and she gave me reference still)

Oneday I was in town a good time after my sacking waiting to cross the street and I sensed someone rushing towards me, it turned out to be her, she had a pram and I literally had to jump out of the way as it probably would have hit me.
What she do that you think?
Déjà vu.
Reply 2
Original post by Garagepunk68
I'm heart broken as I was so stupid.
A female manager liked me, she showed me signs and she would let me off with alot at work that others would be sacked for. Oneday I took it too far and I had to be sacked, she just sent a P45 without a letter or meeting. I left on good terms (didn't talk badly to her and she gave me reference still)

Oneday I was in town a good time after my sacking waiting to cross the street and I sensed someone rushing towards me, it turned out to be her, she had a pram and I literally had to jump out of the way as it probably would have hit me.
What she do that you think?

correct me if I'm wrong but when you say "she let me off with alot at work that others would get fired for" it sounds like u may have been flirting with her or making sexual comments or maybe even touching her gently. if that is the case then when you say "one day I took it too far" you probably mean you touched her inappropriately or said something too direct. if both of my guesses are correct its likely she fired you because she's in a relationship and she didn't want to cheat. based on all of this, I suspect she isn't in a happy relationship and may still have feelings for you. the reason she tried too hit you with her pushchair was either to get your attention and/or let you know she has a child (if u didn't already know).
Original post by issa BB
correct me if I'm wrong but when you say "she let me off with alot at work that others would get fired for" it sounds like u may have been flirting with her or making sexual comments or maybe even touching her gently. if that is the case then when you say "one day I took it too far" you probably mean you touched her inappropriately or said something too direct. if both of my guesses are correct its likely she fired you because she's in a relationship and she didn't want to cheat. based on all of this, I suspect she isn't in a happy relationship and may still have feelings for you. the reason she tried too hit you with her pushchair was either to get your attention and/or let you know she has a child (if u didn't already know).

No, I never made a move on her.
I was sacked for turning up drunk to work. And the stuff she let me off with before was turning up late each time and sometimes not even turning up to rotered shifts
Reply 4
No, I never made a move on her.
I was sacked for turning up drunk to work. And the stuff she let me off with before was turning up late each time and sometimes not even turning up to rotered shifts

ohh😐.
Original post by issa BB
ohh😐.

Can make sense of all of this for me?
Reply 6
Can make sense of all of this for me?

its likely she let you get away with all the lateness and absence because she liked you but then maybe she thought u were taking advantage and decided to fire you or maybe she fired you because as your manager she can be held accountable for some of your actions. she might have just been protecting herself which is probably the reason she couldn't fire you face to face and still gave you a reference. I think she may have pushed her pushchair into you to get attention or b0ticed by you. (females always resort to these tactics)
Original post by issa BB
its likely she let you get away with all the lateness and absence because she liked you but then maybe she thought u were taking advantage and decided to fire you or maybe she fired you because as your manager she can be held accountable for some of your actions. she might have just been protecting herself which is probably the reason she couldn't fire you face to face and still gave you a reference. I think she may have pushed her pushchair into you to get attention or b0ticed by you. (females always resort to these tactics)

Thanks for answer. How old are you?
Reply 8
Thanks for answer. How old are you?

I'm an adult
Original post by issa BB
I'm an adult

Alright cool, just on your profile it says junior
You've posted this before. Why the repeat?
Oh shut up

She probably wishes she'd said that to you ages ago, before you abused her trust.
Original post by Danelius
Déjà vu.

Indeed, although this time there's no mention of turning up to work drunk.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=85812840&highlight=pram
Original post by issa BB
I'm an adult

So what do you make of it all?
Oh shut up

your peachy perosonality may have something to do with why she tried to pram crash you
Original post by aciana
your peachy perosonality may have something to do with why she tried to pram crash you

You shouldn't join in conversations that don't involve you. Your parents obviously haven't taught you well
You shouldn't join in conversations that don't involve you. Your parents obviously haven't taught you well

Oh, the irony! Next time you see yours ask why they didn't teach you about how to do a job or about how to repay people who put their trust in you.
Original post by ageshallnot
Oh, the irony! Next time you see yours ask why they didn't teach you about how to do a job or about how to repay people who put their trust in you.

Well I'm heart broken over what I did. I didn't mean to destroy her trust, but you on the other hand just want to perverse the situation that happened and be rude and butt in.
Well I'm heart broken over what I did. I didn't mean to destroy her trust, but you on the other hand just want to perverse the situation that happened and be rude and butt in.

"Perverse"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending