The Student Room Group

mum demands kids clothes have with ‘boys’ and ‘girls’ labels be scrapped

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10375645/new-zealand-boys-girls-mum-gender/

what are your thoughts?

EDIT: sorry for the typo in the title, lol😂
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Welcome to Welly bro. This city (town) if full of social justice warriors with far too much time on their hands and who thus like to have a good whinge.
Sure, why not? A t-shirt is a t-shirt, and boys and girls can decide for themselves whether they want to wear an item of clothing that could be considered gendered in our society (e.g. a skirt or a dress; both items of clothing my sister refused to wear growing up, just because she didn't like them).

Of course though, this suggestion will be railed against by imbeciles afraid of any deviation from the rigid and narrow structures of patriarchal heternormative society, who will much sooner point at those words and screech about "snowflakes" and "ess-jay-dubya's" rather actually try and engage in any critique of how they have been taught to perceive things.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
Sure, why not? A t-shirt is a t-shirt, and boys and girls can decide for themselves whether they want to wear an item of clothing that could be considered gendered in our society (e.g. a skirt or a dress; both items of clothing my sister refused to wear growing up, just because she didn't like them).

Of course though, this suggestion will be railed against by imbeciles afraid of any deviation from the rigid and narrow structures of patriarchal heternormative society, who will much sooner point at those words and screech about "snowflakes" and "ess-jay-dubya's" rather actually try and engage in any critique of how they have been taught to perceive things.

Just a point of contest though what makes you think you're right as opposed to everyone else?
pathetic leftist garbage.
Not with button shirts. Female button shirts do up the wrong way round, and me being a complete ****** I cannot do them (I struggle with buttons or anything hand eye coordinated anyway)
Original post by Andrew97
Not with button shirts. Female button shirts do up the wrong way round, and me being a complete retard I cannot do them (I struggle with buttons or anything hand eye coordinated anyway)

do you mean the button are on the opposite side of the shirt?
Original post by Leviathan1611
do you mean the button are on the opposite side of the shirt?

Yep.
Not with button shirts. Female button shirts do up the wrong way round, and me being a complete retard I cannot do them (I struggle with buttons or anything hand eye coordinated anyway)

:gasp:

This is genuine a revelation to me.
Yep.

interesting, I never noticed that.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt

This is genuine a revelation to me.

same
Meh, don't care.
Same way zips on trousers are opposite too!
And the article?
Nothing better to do
No three year old says label gendering is bull. Without excessive training from mum
Nothing wrong with having gendered clothing but having gender neutral clothing would save money if I ever have kids, especially a peak with a neutral colour
Original post by Sammylou40

Why is this a thing?

Why is this a thing?

Sorry no idea
Reply 16
I don’t think it’s necessary but nothing too “SJW” about it. It’s fine for kids as long as it fits both body shapes. Don’t see why anyone would be triggered? Also helps families save money as they can pass down clothes more comfortably to children of different genders,
For adults labels should be maintained since clothes are designed to fit male and female bodies at gender specific sizes, so you’d expect them to be labelled showing this.

*Also I don’t believe there’s any good reason as to why buttons/zips are on opposite sides in modern society, so why does it matter if they make them all on one side / randomly pick sides for everyone? :smile:

Why is this a thing?

so you realise you're putting on the wrong gendered clothing.

* ^this is a joke
Reply 18
Original post by Sammylou40

I didnt even know having an opposite zip was a thing :lol:
I consider gendered clothing an outdated concept and shop in both the men's and women's sections, so I'm all for it. I wouldn't fight for it or call gendered clothing bull**** though. I doubt a three year old genuinely would either!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending