The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Anyone in Gloucester chambers??

Wondering if anyone here is staying in Gloucester chambers, think I'm going to be.
Gonna be my first year, doing business management

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm a student ambassador for UWTSD Swansea,

if you want to find who's living in Gloucester Chambers with you, add them as a friend on their Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/gloucester.chambers?fref=ts

Once you have a confirm that you will be living there, there is a private group on Facebook, where everyone gets to meet everyone, this usually happens at the start of the September.

I lived at Gloucester Chambers (GLC) for three years, and it's a great place to live. Situated bottom of Wind Street and very close to the beach, it's also very different to a traditional halls, as pretty much everyone knows everyone! Makes nights out so much better.

I also studied business/marketing, if have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them

Regards,
Matthew Ford.
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Reply 2
Hey
I was wondering what I have to bring in terms of kitchen appliances? Like do I need to assume that nothing is provided?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Reply 3
Just a heads up but if there's anything broken in your room upon your arrival, take a picture or report it. My boyfriend had a broken wardrobe that he was charged for at the end of the year even though it was broken before he moved in, not my intention to put you off GLC because it is a nice place, matth is right everyone knows each other and gets on well :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks! I'll have a look round when i get there!
Hi Edlloyd, GLC kitchens provides you with Ovens, microwaves, toasters and kettles. People do bring their George Foreman grills as they quick and easy! It's genuinely a great place to live, and this year they are putting in a common room with plasma TV's and build in Wi-Fi.

Lytey, who's your boyfriend who lived in GLC? I wonder if I knew him :smile:

Thanks,

Matth Ford.
Reply 6
Has anyone paid a summer retainer nothing in the lease i signed just got a email
Reply 7
Hey I have just finished my first year at Swansea Uni and am moving into Gloucester Chambers this year. Ye I paid the summer retainer.

Original post by lflage
Has anyone paid a summer retainer nothing in the lease i signed just got a email
Original post by Mike 101
Hey I have just finished my first year at Swansea Uni and am moving into Gloucester Chambers this year. Ye I paid the summer retainer.

I’m moving in here too but it’s my first year 😂also had to pay summer retainer
Reply 9
Original post by TrinTrinity11
I’m moving in here too but it’s my first year 😂also had to pay summer retainer

What room are you in? Congrats on getting into Swansea 😊
Thanks! I’m in room 14 on ground floor, you?
(edited 4 years ago)
Ah I'm in 16 upstairs 😂😂 there is a Facebook group for Gloucester Chambers if you wanna join that. There is only me and one other person at the moment lol. What are you studying at Swansea?
Yeah how do you find the page? And criminology and psychology joint honours 🤷🏻*♀️ hby?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/993169764405443/

I'm doing Biochemistry. Great to meet another person in the building 😊
Ah okay thanks for the link btw requested to join 😂
When's everyone moving in??
4th September
Btw if anyone is not part of the gloucester Chambers group on Facebook see above for the link to join
Original post by Anonymous
4th September

I'm moving in on the 1st because I have placement on the 2nd. What room are you in?
Hi,

Are any of you drivers? What do you do in regards to parking?

Thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending