The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheff. Hallam 2020/21 applicants chat and discussion

I thought it would be a good idea to create a chat for people to talk about what course they are applying for and which accomodation they are applying to, this can help people make friends and form bonds before university starts.
Good idea. i have applied for history and got an unconditional offer through today! sound like im bragging but im not lol im just buzzing see yall in september
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by emmabrier
Good idea. i have applied for history and got an unconditional offer through today! sound like im bragging but im not lol im just buzzing see yall in september

I got an unconditional too! Sociology though, colligate campus and I've applied for accomodation. You should do that if you haven't already to get it out of the way. :smile:
Original post by HPScszerba
I got an unconditional too! Sociology though, colligate campus and I've applied for accomodation. You should do that if you haven't already to get it out of the way. :smile:

sickkkk well done! i havent yet im not completely certain im gonna go. chances are high but ill see
Reply 4
sickkkk well done! i havent yet im not completely certain im gonna go. chances are high but ill see

Oh? Well I'm sure that if you come to Hallam or go elsewhere you'll do just fine!
I thought it would be a good idea to create a chat for people to talk about what course they are applying for and which accomodation they are applying to, this can help people make friends and form bonds before university starts.

Hello @HPScszerba and @emmabrier

We have created an accommodation discussion board and an applicant discussion board for those who are applying to Sheffield Hallam.
Come and join the conversation with other students and ask your questions about the accommodation close to the campus!

Thank you
Rachel
Reply 6
Thank you for linking the discussion boards, however they seem more like speak to an advisor boards like speaking to someone who in a higher position, it just creates that feeling. The idea is to create a group for people to chat free of the burden of social anxiety, so this is a "chill" environment, I'm not saying the discussion board isn't but I was hoping to just allow freedom of expression here. :smile: Thank you again!
I have an unconditional for law with criminology so I’ll also be at collegiate campus!!
Reply 8
Original post by laurenmjones2002
I have an unconditional for law with criminology so I’ll also be at collegiate campus!!

that's so cool! we might see each other around!
Thank you for linking the discussion boards, however they seem more like speak to an advisor boards like speaking to someone who in a higher position, it just creates that feeling. The idea is to create a group for people to chat free of the burden of social anxiety, so this is a "chill" environment, I'm not saying the discussion board isn't but I was hoping to just allow freedom of expression here. :smile: Thank you again!

Hello, @HPScszerba
Thank you for your reply, this is not the aim for these boards, they are intended as a 'chill' environment for students to speak as freely as they wish.

We promote them to students as they are pinned to the top of the Sheffield Hallam forum, meaning that there is less chance for them to be lost within the forum.

The aim of the boards is for them to be lead by our prospective students in order to chat to others who may also be looking to study at Sheffield Hallam and want to discuss their course, which accommodation they will be staying at, or Sheffield in general.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to let us know. :h:

Thank you
Rachel
(edited 4 years ago)
I have an offer for illustration and I’ve applied for LIV accommodation
Original post by Jack Traynor

Good for you, I'm happy for you! is it a conditional/unconditional? how are things going in these darkest of times?
It’s a conditional offer and I’m still working so things aren’t that boring with what’s going on
Original post by Jack Traynor

Hi @Jack Traynor,

Congratulations on your conditional offer to study on our Illustration course :jive:

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them or point you in the right direction. You can chat to our any of our current students on our chat platform to find more about studying here and what it's like to be student in Sheffield!

- Ella
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending