The Student Room Group

Psychology 2020

I’ve applied for psychology (bsc) at Dundee, Stirling, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, and Queen Margaret. Anybody applied for these courses or heard back, what grades have you got?

Scroll to see replies

Applied for same course at Stirling and heriot watt and rest elsewhere. Only received acknowledgment so far.
When did you apply?
Reply 2
Original post by Bluebells602003
Applied for same course at Stirling and heriot watt and rest elsewhere. Only received acknowledgment so far.
When did you apply?

I applied roughly 2 weeks ago, a friend applied for psychology at abertay and heard back the next day
Reply 3
I applied for Edinburgh only out of those. Won’t be hearing back until after the January deadline since it’s a popular course so they wait until then. I got 5 A1s at higher and 6A1s and an A2 at Nat5. Currently doing advanced higher maths, physics and chemistry :smile:
Also applied to Glasgow who gave me an unconditional very quickly, Durham gave me a conditional, Oxford offered me an interview 😬 and St. Andrews who like Edinburgh don’t make offers until after the application deadline.
Original post by ella1902
I applied roughly 2 weeks ago, a friend applied for psychology at abertay and heard back the next day

Similar - I applied two weeks ago and still waiting.
Reply 5
Original post by Emiluu
I applied for Edinburgh only out of those. Won’t be hearing back until after the January deadline since it’s a popular course so they wait until then. I got 5 A1s at higher and 6A1s and an A2 at Nat5. Currently doing advanced higher maths, physics and chemistry :smile:
Also applied to Glasgow who gave me an unconditional very quickly, Durham gave me a conditional, Oxford offered me an interview 😬 and St. Andrews who like Edinburgh don’t make offers until after the application deadline.

Pretty glad I’m only going against you for one uni 😬
Reply 6
Similar - I applied two weeks ago and still waiting.

What grades did you get?
I have applied for Dundee and Stirling the same and haven't heard back. some of my friends have though for other sources so don't know
Reply 8
Pretty glad I’m only going against you for one uni 😬

I’m sure you’ll do fine. What’s your first choice? I should say I asked Edinburgh about the entry requirements last year and apparently the unconditionals were given for AAAA or better at higher by the end of S5, so the standard entry requirements on the page can be slightly misleading, however it depends on competition this year :smile:
Of course they do have to take 10% of their Scottish (or UK, can’t remember) students from people who live in deprived areas so they make contextual offers to these people to ensure they meet this. If that applies to u then u only need to be concerned with minimum entry requirements.
But good luck and hope u hear back from one of them soon! :wink:
Reply 9
Updates for folk: just received an unconditional for Strathclyde
Updates for folk: just received an unconditional for Strathclyde

Well done
Reply 11
I just received an unconditional from Edinburgh. Way sooner than expected as they tend to wait until after the deadline for popular courses :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Emiluu
I just received an unconditional from Edinburgh. Way sooner than expected as they tend to wait until after the deadline for popular courses :smile:

Congratulations! That’s my first choice but I’m not expecting to hear back anytime soon
Stirling uni offer for psychology received today
Stirling uni offer for psychology received today

Are u Scottish?
Yes
Reply 16
Of my five choices, I also applied to both Dundee and Stirling. Whilst I haven't heard back from Dundee yet, I got a conditional from Stirling a few weeks ago. As far as grades go, I got 4B's at higher last year and I'm doing another two highers and an advanced higher this year.
Reply 17
I applied for psychology at Stirling, Aberdeen and Dundee but havent heard from any of them so far. Hope it goes well for all of you though
Reply 18
Original post by Corvi
I applied for psychology at Stirling, Aberdeen and Dundee but havent heard from any of them so far. Hope it goes well for all of you though

Good luck to you too, I'm sure you'll also do well. I still haven't heard back from Dundee either but I've gotten offers from Aberdeen and Stirling, as well as Abertay. I'm sure it'll not be long now before they get back to you too.
Reply 19
Original post by Leon-30
Good luck to you too, I'm sure you'll also do well. I still haven't heard back from Dundee either but I've gotten offers from Aberdeen and Stirling, as well as Abertay. I'm sure it'll not be long now before they get back to you too.

Heard that they might be replying to EU students after Scottish students so maybe that's the reason but yeah I'm hoping for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest