The Student Room Group
I just got rejected by Nottingham to and got an email talking about other courses I’m not interested in at all. It was honestly heart wrenching to read and the shock of it still hasn’t worn off for me.
Reply 2
Original post by Hallowkin
I just got rejected by Nottingham to and got an email talking about other courses I’m not interested in at all. It was honestly heart wrenching to read and the shock of it still hasn’t worn off for me.

I understand what you mean. What do you plan to do if you don't get into med school - if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by ajaaaaaa~
I understand what you mean. What do you plan to do if you don't get into med school - if you don't mind me asking?

Go abroad... if anyone will take me. I honestly cannot imagine myself doing any other course in life.
Hi, I have just received a rejection from Nottingham uni for foundation year med. In the email they have offered me a range of alternative courses to choose from. I was wondering if this was something they do with everyone? Thanks

I don’t know if they do it with everyone but I also got other offers, I applied for the Medicine A100 course. Have you heard from any of the universities you applied to? I also got rejected from Cardiff and they offered me other options.
Reply 5
Original post by mayakorpal
I don’t know if they do it with everyone but I also got other offers, I applied for the Medicine A100 course. Have you heard from any of the universities you applied to? I also got rejected from Cardiff and they offered me other options.

I had another rejection from manchester - didn't even get a proper email haha, just a notification from ucas. I'm thinking of applying for medical physiology though. What are your plans if you dont get to med school?
Reply 6
Original post by Hallowkin
Go abroad... if anyone will take me. I honestly cannot imagine myself doing any other course in life.

You never know, this might be a blessing in disguise. I wish you luck
I had another rejection from manchester - didn't even get a proper email haha, just a notification from ucas. I'm thinking of applying for medical physiology though. What are your plans if you dont get to med school?

That’s a shame, I think they should’ve emailed you. If I don’t get an offer from any I’ll see if I can go through clearing. If not then I’m not sure, I don’t really want to take a gap year but I may do if I do well in Alevels so I can reapply next year.
Reply 8
Original post by mayakorpal
That’s a shame, I think they should’ve emailed you. If I don’t get an offer from any I’ll see if I can go through clearing. If not then I’m not sure, I don’t really want to take a gap year but I may do if I do well in Alevels so I can reapply next year.

Yeah they could have at least done that, but I'll survive. Same as well. I'm just open to anything, even if that means postgrad which I dont mind. I've talked to some postgrad students who said they felt like doing a degree before medicine helped them to mature and adjust to the workload, which is a positive. Good luck on your journey either way. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending