The Student Room Group

17 y/o on lads holiday

A group of 15ish of us want to go on a drinking holiday after A levels. This will likely be in late June but 2 of us don’t have our bdays until August. Do they care and will we be let into clubs in places like Zante, Kavos etc
Reply 1
Original post by JGoosey2002
A group of 15ish of us want to go on a drinking holiday after A levels. This will likely be in late June but 2 of us don’t have our bdays until August. Do they care and will we be let into clubs in places like Zante, Kavos etc

you have to be 18.the reality is no one cares and no one will check you ,especially in kavos.

I went with. Mates had no issues as 3 were under 18
Have fun bro 😉
Reply 2
Original post by SMEGGGY
you have to be 18.the reality is no one cares and no one will check you ,especially in kavos.

I went with. Mates had no issues as 3 were under 18
Have fun bro 😉

Thanks that’s good to know. I look like 15/16 tho, think that will change anything?
Reply 3
Thanks that’s good to know. I look like 15/16 tho, think that will change anything?

I was going to say as long nobody looks like a lickle baby haha. As long as you are 17 and as there are a lot of you, they hardly look. Only saying from experience.

If you look that young, I'd just keep a bit of a low profile. Do the others look 18+, or the majority of them, anyway?
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
If you look that young, I'd just keep a bit of a low profile. Do the others look 18+, or the majority of them, anyway?

Yeah most look like they could own a mortgage. A few of us look kinda young but not too extreme lmao
Reply 6

I went to Maga as soon as I turnt 18 and trust me I looked like a 15 year old and they never asked me for Id 😂
I expect you might have difficulty booking a holiday as your age will have to be known by the airline (and travel company if you have a package deal). Some hotels are reluctant to take groups of young men as well.
Yeah most look like they could own a mortgage. A few of us look kinda young but not too extreme lmao

You should be OK then, but you might run into problems here and there. As I say, you and any other underage participants who clearly look underage should try to keep a relatively low profile, so as not to draw attention to you as a group. In the end, if the rest of them are happy to accept underage members as part of the group, then you just have to be smart about it and negotiate any problems as and when they arise.
Reply 9
Original post by barnetlad
I expect you might have difficulty booking a holiday as your age will have to be known by the airline (and travel company if you have a package deal). Some hotels are reluctant to take groups of young men as well.

I presumed if the person booking is 18 it’s fine. Also, surely hotels in club areas will get half of their revenue from young men. We aren’t trying to stay in anything fancy, we just need beds
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check
You should be OK then, but you might run into problems here and there. As I say, you and any other underage participants who clearly look underage should try to keep a relatively low profile, so as not to draw attention to you as a group. In the end, if the rest of them are happy to accept underage members as part of the group, then you just have to be smart about it and negotiate any problems as and when they arise.

Yeah, Im Not the type to cause too much trouble
Yeah, Im Not the type to cause too much trouble

In that case, have a brilliant time then :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by ~Sugar~
I went to Maga as soon as I turnt 18 and trust me I looked like a 15 year old and they never asked me for Id 😂

😂😂hope it’s like that for me
I lived in Greece for a while and I don’t think there will be any problems.
Reply 14
😂😂hope it’s like that for me

You’ll be fine, they don’t seem to care 😂 when I went to one of the clubs though a security guard asked me how old I was and I said my age and he didn’t question it so that’s the only encounter I had out there 😂

Quick Reply

Latest