The Student Room Group

Im seriously considering taking a year out of college. Im 17- thoughts?

I'm just not in the right mindset for college. High school was not the best time of my life and it make me basically not give a **** about education and I know education is a privilege. but i cant help but think that I'm stuck somewhere I don't want to be- and that this isn't what I want to do with my life, it's my mum who wants this for me.
On the other hand i need 64 ucas points to do the apprenticeship that I want. I either want to become a police officer or a firefighter. Either way whatever happens i can do that in the air force which is what im considering. i just don't know! The people I know are in college - if i left college I would probably never see them so I don't know if I could do that- to start completely over again with new friends and everything. I just need some help.

Should I or should I not, take a year out of college?
Original post by Katie Louise 15
I'm just not in the right mindset for college. High school was not the best time of my life and it make me basically not give a **** about education and I know education is a privilege. but i cant help but think that I'm stuck somewhere I don't want to be- and that this isn't what I want to do with my life, it's my mum who wants this for me.
On the other hand i need 64 ucas points to do the apprenticeship that I want. I either want to become a police officer or a firefighter. Either way whatever happens i can do that in the air force which is what im considering. i just don't know! The people I know are in college - if i left college I would probably never see them so I don't know if I could do that- to start completely over again with new friends and everything. I just need some help.

Should I or should I not, take a year out of college?

How old are you?
What GCSE did you get?
What A level or BTEC grades do you think you are on for?
Have you been diagnosed by your GP with some form of mental or physical illness?
What do your parents say?

If you are ill get that sorted.
If you dont know which career then get that sorted.
Better not to miss out on free education if it can be avoided as you might need to spend thousands later on what you can have for free now.
Mabe you need to change your mindset to get the things you need to go on to get the career you want?
Original post by 999tigger
How old are you?
What GCSE did you get?
What A level or BTEC grades do you think you are on for?
Have you been diagnosed by your GP with some form of mental or physical illness?
What do your parents say?

If you are ill get that sorted.
If you dont know which career then get that sorted.
Better not to miss out on free education if it can be avoided as you might need to spend thousands later on what you can have for free now.
Mabe you need to change your mindset to get the things you need to go on to get the career you want?

Hi, I got 10 C’s and 2 B’s. B in geography and welsh bacc plus c’s in the compulsory subjects and business studies, ict and re.
I really don’t know- I think I could do well and get an A but I just don’t want to be in education and I know I need being a spoilt brat about it. Realistically at the rate I’m going I could get c’s.
I haven’t been diagnosed with anything but thanks for that.

Thanks
Original post by Katie Louise 15
Hi, I got 10 C’s and 2 B’s. B in geography and welsh bacc plus c’s in the compulsory subjects and business studies, ict and re.
I really don’t know- I think I could do well and get an A but I just don’t want to be in education and I know I need being a spoilt brat about it. Realistically at the rate I’m going I could get c’s.
I haven’t been diagnosed with anything but thanks for that.

Thanks

England

You can leave school on the last Friday in June if you’ll be 16 by the end of the summer holidays.

You must then do one of the following until you’re 18:

stay in full-time education, for example at a college
start an apprenticeship or traineeship
spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training

If you are welsh then its still 16. Your life your loss.. See what happens. Education ceases to be free at 19.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending