The Student Room Group

Revision timetable vs to do list?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of both please?

Scroll to see replies

Well with an actual timetable you see how practical it is to get all the stuff done in x timeframe.
I have a todo list before going back to university for semester 2 and think I have tons of time but then writing down what I will do each day, it’s suddenly something every day and no clear days (though I won’t be re reading notes 9-5 every day, more like a few hours).
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine1973
Well with an actual timetable you see how practical it is to get all the stuff done in x timeframe.
I have a todo list before going back to university for semester 2 and think I have tons of time but then writing down what I will do each day, it’s suddenly something every day and no clear days (though I won’t be re reading notes 9-5 every day, more like a few hours).

Which do u think is better and what do u suggest i use tomorrow as got 8 pieces of coursework. 6 pieces of revision and 8 jobs todo
personally find to-do lists better. they give you more freedom to go & do stuff when you want to rather than being confined by a revision timetable. for me, it’s more practical but it depends on whether you plan visits & things ahead or just decide to do an activity or something on the day because the latter would mess up having a revision timetable.
idk whether anything i just said made sense or not, sorry 😂
Reply 5
Original post by ellaswords
idk whether anything i just said made sense or not, sorry 😂

Message me please and i Like the idea of a to do list do u have a template I could use please.
Original post by Cay12235
Which do u think is better and what do u suggest i use tomorrow as got 8 pieces of coursework. 6 pieces of revision and 8 jobs todo

If just tomorrow then a todo list will be fine. But estimate how long it will take for each one, see if total is over actual time you have (inc breaks) then rework to make fit the available time.
Reply 7
If just tomorrow then a todo list will be fine. But estimate how long it will take for each one, see if total is over actual time you have (inc breaks) then rework to make fit the available time.

Can u help me decide whwr time to get up have lunch snd finish work tomorow as i have I've got 9 pieces of coursework, 6 pieces of English revision and 7 jobs todo tomorrow
I’d get up at 8.30 watch Lorraine and then start working 9.25 when Lorraine ends.
Lunch when loose women is on (is it on over Xmas?) then tea during neighbours.
I think that’s a proper student timetable!
Reply 9
I’d get up at 8.30 watch Lorraine and then start working 9.25 when Lorraine ends.
Lunch when loose women is on (is it on over Xmas?) then tea during neighbours.
I think that’s a proper student timetable!

When should i start work without watching Loraine and when should i have lunch snd dinner without watching loose women and neighbour's
I find timetables unhelpful and stressful because I often can't predict how long revising/studying a particular topic might take. With to do lists, I still know what exactly I have to get through but there is less pressure if I don't manage to do something on a particular day, and I am more likely to keep studying if I'm in the right frame of mind (which I wouldn't do if I had a strict timetable).
Reply 11
What are the advantages and disadvantages of both please?

I personally find the TSR timetable great as its a basic template for however much you want to study in the time that you have available. Also really easily changed if you have a change of plans or new commitments etc

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/the-revision-timetable-youll-actually-stick-to

(Not a sponsor by TSR btw :smile:)
Reply 12
Original post by black tea
I find timetables unhelpful and stressful because I often can't predict how long revising/studying a particular topic might take. With to do lists, I still know what exactly I have to get through but there is less pressure if I don't manage to do something on a particular day, and I am more likely to keep studying if I'm in the right frame of mind (which I wouldn't do if I had a strict timetable).

Do u have a todo list you could share Please.
Reply 13
Original post by togs11
I personally find the TSR timetable great as its a basic template for however much you want to study in the time that you have available. Also really easily changed if you have a change of plans or new commitments etc

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/the-revision-timetable-youll-actually-stick-to

(Not a sponsor by TSR btw :smile:)

I hated using it last time as i made the timetable and when i went back on it, it was all deleted for some reason. Why might rhst kf been.
Reply 14
I hated using it last time as i made the timetable and when i went back on it, it was all deleted for some reason. Why might rhst kf been.

I have no idea :/ Probably some sort of issue with the website

There are apps on both android/iOS that can be of assistance.

I guess that using a to do list is easier as it's a rough plan that you can write down on a whiteboard or so on the night prior to give rough idea of what you wanna achieve

I think timetables are better though because it's already planned out so if you are just procrastinating , you already have a plan of what you need to do. And you don't have to follow it entirely ; it can be more of a start to progress
Reply 15
Original post by togs11
I have no idea :/ Probably some sort of issue with the website

There are apps on both android/iOS that can be of assistance.

I guess that using a to do list is easier as it's a rough plan that you can write down on a whiteboard or so on the night prior to give rough idea of what you wanna achieve

I think timetables are better though because it's already planned out so if you are just procrastinating , you already have a plan of what you need to do. And you don't have to follow it entirely ; it can be more of a start to progress

Ok u got any timetable templates
Reply 16
Ok u got any timetable templates

Got this from quick Google search
https://www.sampletemplates.com/business-templates/class-timetable-template.html
Reply 17
Do u have a todo list you could share Please.

I haven't had to do any recently. But it's usually just a list of topics I need to revise.
Reply 19
Original post by black tea
I haven't had to do any recently. But it's usually just a list of topics I need to revise.

Do u have the template u use or do u do it electronically or using an app

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending