The Student Room Group

I lost weight in two weeks and gained a lot of it in four days

What’s going on to my body?
Like in those two weeks I ate food , but not as much as I used to, for example I only ate twice a day and stopped getting seconds and sometime didn’t eat breakfast. I would only snack.
And then in the Christmas holiday break, in 4 days I gained so much weight and fat?!?!
I’m confused....
I need to go back to my routine of eating small portions of food and not eating breakfast (only snacks)But what’s going on?
What happened to me?

I lost so much weight in the span of 3 weeks and then gained so much weight in the span of 4 days
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
You shouldn't be weighing yourself every day. Once a week is fine. Your weight will fluctuate based on your clothes, when you last ate etc. I would also suggest that you write a food diary with calories and observe how many calories you need to aim for every day to lose weight.

Also be wary that alcohol, chocolate and coffee (with syrup) can add a lot of calories.
Original post by Faves_26
What’s going on to my body?
Like in those two weeks I ate food , but not as much as I used to, for example I only ate twice a day and stopped getting seconds and sometime didn’t eat breakfast. I would only snack.
And then in the Christmas holiday break, in 4 days I gained so much weight and fat?!?!
I’m confused....
I need to go back to my routine of eating small portions of food and not eating breakfast (only snacks)But what’s going on?
What happened to me?

I lost so much weight in the span of 3 weeks and then gained so much weight in the span of 4 days

Hi,

This is normal and typically happens to people on diets. They’re in a caloric deficit for an extended period of time, make good progress, then eat over their calories for a few days and then back to where they started.

A lot of the weight you lost was probably water weight and the initial fat on your body is quite easy to lose. So when you starts eating a lot of food over Xmas, your body put that water weight and fat back on.

Since it’s Christmas, I would sorry too much about it. But I’m the future, for ‘chest days’, be careful of how much you eat and track everything using the myfitnesspal app, because you can easily undo weeks worth of progress. This happens to everyone.

Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Ok thank you guys so much! I will apply your suggestions into my every day life and see what results I will get
Dont worry you did well to lose weight In the first place.
It's not unusual to put on weight over the Xmas period, most of us eat and drink to excess.
Just go back to what you were doing before, in the New year it obviously worked for you. Good luck. X
Reply 5
Thank you
Original post by Karisa96
Dont worry you did well to lose weight In the first place.
It's not unusual to put on weight over the Xmas period, most of us eat and drink to excess.
Just go back to what you were doing before, in the New year it obviously worked for you. Good luck. X
When you drastically change your diet to eat less as you did, your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to any fat that is left. So whilst you do lose some fat, you also lose muscle :/

Rapid weight loss also slows down metabolism, so when you eat more your in a caloric surplus so you gain weight quicker. You also deprive your body of natural essentials.

I suggest you try a slower weight loss so it's better for the long term. Eat normally for a week, but use 'myfitnesspal' app or website to calculate and track the calories you have each day. Then work out the average calories per day, take away 400-500 calories and have that instead to lose weight consistently. Weigh yourself in the morning too for the most accurate weight. You should lose approx 0.5kg per week.
Original post by Faves_26
Thank you

Your most welcome. Have a great New year. X
Lose it again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending