The Student Room Group

Eating bit by bit and gradually increasing intake makes no sense

Like in order to gain weight and recover from anorexia, you have to make sure that you eat more than what you want, and that might mean making yourself feel full like you are going to burst every single day but then apparently that leads to refeeding syndrome?
Reply 1
Speak with a medical professional.
Reply 2
Then what makes sense?
Reply 3
Original post by black tea
Then what makes sense?

I already said in my OP, for me anyway because my genetic disorder makes it 100x harder to gain weight (I gain 1kg per year, not per week and I have since I was young, for example when I was 7, weight was 19.1kg, when I was 8, I was 20kg and at 9 I was 22kg) if I was to gain weight I have to make my belly pop and I have to feel like I am going to burst. I felt like I couldn't breathe. This is how I went from 30kg to 31kg in a week, after eating so much that I felt like I couldn't breathe every day of the week, even then I had severe constipation and gaining 1kg a week is not right for me.

This leads to refeeding syndrome so what am I supposed to do?

If you eat less to start off with and gradually gain weight I would only gain like 0.7kg (that's after one or two meals). If you eat less to start off with, you won't even be full and you will still be hungry.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
I think so but you need to consult a physician for best recommendation and advice ..

Quick Reply

Latest