The Student Room Group

Funeral or studying

I have exams coming up (in year 13) and a family friend passed away who was in his late 50s. He passed away 3 days ago and I haven't been to the funeral yet (mosque). I want to go to a cafe or a library to study tomorrow though would it be rude of me to not go.
My parents have been and they are close to them but I haven't (he has a daughter my age).
I know I sound selfish but idk if I should go.
Me going is the least of her worries anyways but Is it rude of me to not go?
You should go.. his funeral only comes once and I doubt it will take the whole day......

Whatever suits you I guess but don't feel forced to go.
Reply 2
@Ellielaw2020 his funeral is over, the burial was today but the family just tend to sit in the mosque for a few days to pray and people come and pay their respect
A few days won’t hurt your a Levels to make some dua.
Studying isn't a very good reason not to go. You can spare a little time. No one needs to study non-stop around the clock.

If you don't want to go then don't. But don't make excuses not to go.
Original post by Anonymous
@Ellielaw2020 his funeral is over, the burial was today but the family just tend to sit in the mosque for a few days to pray and people come and pay their respect

Oh okay. Personally, id take at least a day and pray for the person who passed way. One day out of the whole week won't really affect your studying...
Especially if my parents were close - even more of a reason to pay respects
Reply 6
Original post by somebrick
A few days won’t hurt your a Levels to make some dua.

I know but I can make dua from home. I also just don't like the wailing crying that they do. It's like a contest between guests of who can cry the most - culture thing.
Reply 7
Original post by sinfonietta
Studying isn't a very good reason not to go. You can spare a little time. No one needs to study non-stop around the clock.

If you don't want to go then don't. But don't make excuses not to go.

I don't study non-stop round the clock though and that's the issue. I've got so much studying to do and my mocks start on Monday. Probably will go on Sunday
Reply 8
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending