The Student Room Group

Do tall girls like shorter guys

I've notice a growing trend , that most women feel the need to post or tell, that they despite guys shorter or even the same height than then self. It's often heard that girls put up a height requirement that ekscude 90% of all the make population. And it usually the very tall women who use to have height requirement unrealistic. Most time you hear that tall women have serious problem dating, and the main problem is that they have problems finding a guy tall enough !!!!! Tall enough who desire that a guy need a certain height to date a woman, and why do we all have to feel sorry for a tall woman who need a guy taller than herself, when it's a reality that far most men love to date a taller women. It's pretty ridiculous that we feel sorry for women who are picky as hell and intentionally, exclude 90% of all men from being their boyfriends. Love to hear your comments and please post your gender and height , and you height requirement if you have one

Scroll to see replies

In my experience, no-one of any height does
I'm 5'5 so I don't come across that many guys shorter than me but I think I know if I was something like 5'8 then I'd probabaly be more drawn to someone who was a similar height or taller. So I guess you could say I have a height preference.
I don't know why I do, I guess I just do. I think a lot of women like to feel 'protected' by a guy and if he is taller then that gives them that feeling. I've heard many of my friends and other women in general say that they wouldn't want to be bigger than a guy and that goes for both size and height. I know personally I wouldn't want to be stronger than my bf or have bigger feet/hands than him. It would make me feel unfeminine. It's silly but I guess we can't help how we feel about things right? :smile:
Being 5'8" I personally speaking would prefer a taller guy.
Reply 4
Silly is a very nice way to out it. It's more correct horrible towards all men to have racistic thoughts like this , as really many men really love women of all size , think 95% of all men don't mind there women size , I'd met a lot of men who don't mind there women even shorter than them self , though it nice when there women is taller too. I can't by no way understand or accept if a woman want her guy taller it's inhuman as hell, and I try to never socialize withe women that show heightism
Original post by Ruben jann
Silly is a very nice way to out it. It's more correct horrible towards all men to have racistic thoughts like this , as really many men really love women of all size , think 95% of all men don't mind there women size , I'd met a lot of men who don't mind there women even shorter than them self , though it nice when there women is taller too. I can't by no way understand or accept if a woman want her guy taller it's inhuman as hell, and I try to never socialize withe women that show heightism

That's your right to socialoze with whoever you want. I have my opinion and it isn't going to change. Also its not racist because height isn't race. It's not horrible either. I don't hate shorter men. I just would prefer to date a taller one. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be friends with someone who is shorter than me.
Anyway, take care :smile:
It's someone called media and subliminal subconscious bias that's why women prefer taller guys. Think about it, if the media had positive images of shorter guys then womens trends and thoughts about their heights or whatever wouldn't be what it is today which quite frankly is delusional seeing how less than 10% of adult males worldwide are even over 6ft (the height most commonly refered to as ideal for many women).
Original post by Anonymous
It's someone called media and subliminal subconscious bias that's why women prefer taller guys. Think about it, if the media had positive images of shorter guys then womens trends and thoughts about their heights or whatever wouldn't be what it is today which quite frankly is delusional seeing how less than 10% of adult males worldwide are even over 6ft (the height most commonly refered to as ideal for many women).

I don't think it's the media to be honest. Not in my view anyway. People are always going to have their own preferences no matter what anyway. I never said I was after someone over 6ft.just someone taller than me.
Men have their own preferences for women don't they? It's the same thing. It's just how it is.
I don’t really care as long as they’re at least 2-3 inches taller than me. I’m 5.5”.
Oops typo 'something'*

Yes that's true, but if you'd say to most women what's your ideal height of a man they'd most likey say 6ft plus. Indeed, but I don't. I like slim, curvy, black, white or asian, though I do have a preference for intelligent women who're into S.T.E.A.M. (Science Technology Engineering Arts Maths). How about you, got any preferences ?
Some do.
Varies according to the woman and whether they are active in the world of online dating/tinder hookups.
I know a few women over 5'10 that prefer towering over shorter bf's.
I think most women prefer guys who are taller than they are.
On tinder, there's seems to be a widespread official minimum hookup height that accords cult like status to guys over 6'4.

I'm 5'1, don't want to be dating a guy much taller than me and risk getting mistaken for his little sister.
I wear very high heels and don't need to get earache from an insecure guy with size issues or an aggressive 'the whole world thinks I'm a shortie' obsession.
No, they generally prefer taller guys. In most couples the dude is taller. I found it very strange when I went to Holland this summer and as we all know, the Dutch are the world's tallest people. I saw so many couples where the dude was already like 6'2" and his girlfriend/wife was even taller than he was, like 6'4". It was quite funny actually.
My experience is the other way round I’m 5,10 and I have only had shorter boyfriend cause I don’t care too much about height I know it’s gonna be tough finding someone I like which is higher than me.

But almost every boyfriend I had wanted to breakup with me a couple of years later because the couldn’t handle that I was taller than them, they didn’t feel “masculine” enough.

Men and their fragile masculinity🤦*♀️
People can't help what they're attracted to, short stuff.
I've notice a growing trend , that most women feel the need to post or tell, that they despite guys shorter or even the same height than then self. It's often heard that girls put up a height requirement that ekscude 90% of all the make population. And it usually the very tall women who use to have height requirement unrealistic. Most time you hear that tall women have serious problem dating, and the main problem is that they have problems finding a guy tall enough !!!!! Tall enough who desire that a guy need a certain height to date a woman, and why do we all have to feel sorry for a tall woman who need a guy taller than herself, when it's a reality that far most men love to date a taller women. It's pretty ridiculous that we feel sorry for women who are picky as hell and intentionally, exclude 90% of all men from being their boyfriends. Love to hear your comments and please post your gender and height , and you height requirement if you have one

It doesn't matter to me but I'm pretty short. I understand that sometimes people say it in a mean way, but I think it's just a preference.
The real question is that would you go for 4 foot 2 in girls?

Ruben it's not a growing trend, it's been that way for a very long time. It's actually an incredibly stupid criteria by which to chose a partner. In fact you will not that infrequently see a very small woman with a man over a foot taller than her. One can understand a preference for a particular build, looks, or intelligence, but caring about height is just silly. It's probably a throw back to caveman days when the man was expected to go out and club a mammoth to death, for dinner.

But, look at it like this. Do you really want to go out with a girl who is so shallow and stupid that height matters that much to her?
Original post by David Getling
Ruben it's not a growing trend, it's been that way for a very long time. It's actually an incredibly stupid criteria by which to chose a partner. In fact you will not that infrequently see a very small woman with a man over a foot taller than her. One can understand a preference for a particular build, looks, or intelligence, but caring about height is just silly. It's probably a throw back to caveman days when the man was expected to go out and club a mammoth to death, for dinner.

But, look at it like this. Do you really want to go out with a girl who is so shallow and stupid that height matters that much to her?

Except everyone has preferences so you could say the same thing for any type of preference or "criteria" could you not? Is it not silly and shallow then to have any type of preference at all?
Original post by Anonymous
My experience is the other way round I’m 5,10 and I have only had shorter boyfriend cause I don’t care too much about height I know it’s gonna be tough finding someone I like which is higher than me.

But almost every boyfriend I had wanted to breakup with me a couple of years later because the couldn’t handle that I was taller than them, they didn’t feel “masculine” enough.

Men and their fragile masculinity🤦*♀️

If these boyfriends couldn't handle you being taller then they must have been really pathetic, and you are much better off without them. You are very right about most men having fragile egos: in this sense they are most definitely not the stronger sex.
Reply 19
Well if you think it's nice treat a guy just as a friend, a guy if he were 5 cm taller and you would gladly be he's girlfriend, I find it dobbelstand , as I'd guess you and a billion other shallow women would have shouted up if a single guy , would have even mention he wouldn't date a girl on her height , or a thing easy to change weigh or hair colour. Personal I'm not going to accept this kind of shallow treatment at all. Just to mention I've never been single for long time, and I'm not really short , though some women love to call guy my height short , or even" too short " as I'm only 181,5 cm or 5'11,5 in Denmark the accepting height use to be 180 cm to be seen as a real man, while I've noticed in Anglo speaking countries it's usually 6' a guy need to be to even be looked at as a human being , rather as a Friend. I know the horrible quote " what do you call a guy under 6' .....a Friend" that's a quote far worse than " what do you call a guy from Africa....an N....r" but while saving the last quote bring a person direct in jail, the first quote just cause amusement , because people don't treat heightism as racism , while short ( or rather guys Not tall) are treated as **** all over the world , while very few places on earth are coloured people treated bad. And it's absolutely not an excuse to mention the old evolution story about women want a guy to protect her, or the super shallow cause as a guy taller look better beside a woman. By the way my fiancee , she's pretty much taller than myself , she's a former volleyball player 198 cm tall ( close to 6'7) we are use to many jokes about the look, as most guys envy me, I'm able to attract a woman that tall. My reasons were never her height but how wonderful she looked, and the fact she didn't mind I were much shorter than her. Thoug I'm lucky never to be treated bad by other women , I still feel the urge to mention how many men feel, and I never will miss a change to make everyone aware heightism is just as bad as racism, in my view it's just as bad and very much the same. Rejection because of something you can't change is horrible and should be criminal if it's possible to prove, an authority could start of with Tinder were 75% of all women mention there height requirement.

Latest

Trending

Trending