The Student Room Group

5 years of age gap in teenagers

I'm 16 almost 17 years old and the guy i like is 21 almost 22 years old, he's in uni and well i'm still in college, it's too much age difference?, it could work?

Scroll to see replies

Yes too much
It could work if there is nothing illegal going on and the two of you are compatible.
I only date guys older than me, usually with a 15+ year age gap.
I dated a guy in his 50s when I was 16.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
It could work if there is nothing illegal going on and the two of you are compatible.
I only date guys older than me, usually with a 15+ year age gap.
I dated a guy in his 50s when I was 16.

what do u mean with nothing illegal?
nothing like SEX or.........SEX! I guess ya'll can kiss but no physically touching IG
Reply 5
Original post by Isabel Bello
nothing like SEX or.........SEX! I guess ya'll can kiss but no physically touching IG

why not?
it's not LEGAL dude.....er girl
Reply 7
it's not LEGAL dude.....er girl

where you from?
Y?
i am personally against relationships like this because the power dynamic is often messed up and if you’re not mature enough you can get into messy or even dangerous situations. why can’t you find someone 18 or under? why would someone in university want to date a high schooler/sixth form student?
if you choose to go along, please be careful and let your family know
Reply 10
Original post by watershower
i am personally against relationships like this because the power dynamic is often messed up and if you’re not mature enough you can get into messy or even dangerous situations. why can’t you find someone 18 or under? why would someone in university want to date a high schooler/sixth form student?
if you choose to go along, please be careful and let your family know

he doesn't even know who i am :frown:
so you like him and he doesn't even know who you are yet. what then my answer is No don't go for it go for someone your own age. like i am 16 RN and i like older guys but guys that are within the same age rage. 16-17 maybe 18.
Reply 12
y

so you like him and he doesn't even know who you are yet. what then my answer is No don't go for it go for someone your own age. like i am 16 RN and i like older guys but guys that are within the same age rage. 16-17 maybe 18.

I don't like someone else, and well i think that's your own perspective, I don't like "older guys" he's not like 10 years older than me but i feel insecure and a little bit uncomfortable with the age gap because i usually like guys younger than me, you don't like "older guys", you like guys of your age
Original post by anniee3
he doesn't even know who i am :frown:

then move on. please stay within your age range. when you are 18 then you are more free to do wider age gaps. older does not equal more mature or exiting, it depends on the person.
Original post by anniee3
y

I don't like someone else, and well i think that's your own perspective, I don't like "older guys" he's not like 10 years older than me but i feel insecure and a little bit uncomfortable with the age gap because i usually like guys younger than me, you don't like "older guys", you like guys of your age

thats what I thought like the gape was 10+ and I was like NOOOOOOO mamam
Reply 15
Original post by watershower
then move on. please stay within your age range. when you are 18 then you are more free to do wider age gaps. older does not equal more mature or exiting, it depends on the person.

i don't like him because he's older or "mature" i like him for him, i know people of that age aren't enough matures
Reply 16
thats what I thought like the gape was 10+ and I was like NOOOOOOO mamam

haha what do u mean?
Original post by anniee3
I'm 16 almost 17 years old and the guy i like is 21 almost 22 years old, he's in uni and well i'm still in college, it's too much age difference?, it could work?

It can always work. As long as you are confident, a 4/5 year gap is nothing! Think about it, right now you might seem like night and day but, say your relationship hopefully continues for 10 years, you will be 27 and he will be 32 and there will be basically no difference in appearance, maturity, etc.

Hell, I've seen people make 20 year gaps work with relative success :biggrin:
Original post by anniee3
i don't like him because he's older or "mature" i like him for him, i know people of that age aren't enough matures

yess Mamam i would to but the age gape....tho
Original post by anniee3
haha what do u mean?

like the age gape was something like Mariah cariey and her man that was old enough to be her great grandpa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending