The Student Room Group

Wellcome Trust Summer Internship 2020

Hi, here's a thread for us to discuss the internship application! Good luck to everyone. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Which internship's are you applying for?
I've applied for Neuroscience and Mental Health, Wellcome Collection: On Happiness, and Open Research.

How about you? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by penguin12345
I've applied for Neuroscience and Mental Health, Wellcome Collection: On Happiness, and Open Research.

How about you? :smile:

I'm applying for Neuroscience and Mental Health. Good Luck on your application!:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by salz97
I'm applying for Neuroscience and Mental Health and also the Wellcome collection : On Happiness as well. Good Luck on your application!:smile:

Thanks, you too!
Reply 5
Thanks, you too!

Just out of curiosity what degree are you pursuing? Also did you apply last year as well I did but the schemes seem to be different this year.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by salz97
Just out of curiosity what degree are you pursuing? Also did you apply last year as well I did but the schemes seem to be different this year.

I'm doing Experimental Psychology and yes I did! Yeah I think they change quite a lot each year. What degree are you pursuing?
Reply 7
Neuroscience .
Doesnt the neuroscience and mental health internship require you to be pursuing a life sciences degree ie. biochemistry etc.
I'm doing Experimental Psychology and yes I did! Yeah I think they change quite a lot each year. What degree are you pursuing?

Can you apply for the neuroscience and mental health internship if you study psychology (i thought u had to be a life sciences student)
Original post by ukulelebaker
Can you apply for the neuroscience and mental health internship if you study psychology (i thought u had to be a life sciences student)

I'm pretty sure that Psychology is a life science but if you'd like clarification then you can also email them to ask.
Finally got an email back about open research saying they’d keep me posted and that potential interviews are on the week starting the 30th.
Original post by Johnfockoff
Finally got an email back about open research saying they’d keep me posted and that potential interviews are on the week starting the 30th.

Have you heard anything else back yet from wellcome?
Reply 13
I also applied for Neuroscience but got rejected yesterday. Apparently I did not score well enough. Best of luck humans
Has anyone received answers for the Grants internship?
i got an email today saying that my application for the Open Research internship is still under consideration, but the email also said the internship programme in its current format is going to be cancelled bc of coronavirus :frown:
Original post by beeknees
i got an email today saying that my application for the Open Research internship is still under consideration, but the email also said the internship programme in its current format is going to be cancelled bc of coronavirus :frown:

heard anything yet?
Reply 17
Original post by ukulelebaker
heard anything yet?

I haven’t heard anything yet either but they said they’ll let us know by the end of the month. So within the next week?
Reply 18
Anyone heard anything yet? It's the last day of the month and still no response.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by salz97
Anyone heard anything yet? It's the last day of the month and still no response.

i haven’t heard anything yet either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending