The Student Room Group

How many times have you moved home?

I haven't yet.

Scroll to see replies

Probably around 4 times.
3 times
Bang on 10
Moved with my parents from our first family home to our long term family home when I was 2. My mum is still in that house, but my dad isn't as they split up.

Since, I have moved to halls for a year, then moved back home, then moved in with my boyfriend for 3 months (should never have done that) then moved back home and stayed there for 6 years (!) then moved in with my current partner 2 years ago and still very very happy with him.

We hope to move to a bigger house soon, but nothing's set in stone, so..
9 times
3 times
Reply 7
Thrice
10 I think.
Including University - 4 times

Excluding University - 1 time when I was a wee boy :smile:
Original post by StriderHort
Bang on 10

Damn, you’re basically a nomad at this point
Original post by CTLeafez
Damn, you’re basically a nomad at this point

A very lazy and travelshy one possibly :tongue:

They're basically all in the Central Scotland area bar 1, moved a few times when a kid and then went through a good few flatshares/student periods with friends from 17-25 odd, would be rare we'd stay in any one for longer than a year or two. Been a lot more settled the last decade odd though.
Reply 12
about 20 times. my parents had to move a lot when i was a kid.
Original post by StriderHort
A very lazy and travelshy one possibly :tongue:

They're basically all in the Central Scotland area bar 1, moved a few times when a kid and then went through a good few flatshares/student periods with friends from 17-25 odd, would be rare we'd stay in any one for longer than a year or two. Been a lot more settled the last decade odd though.

I quite enjoyed being in a new place, although same city, every year of Uni.

Although I imagine once I’ve finished postgrad and got a job, I’ll just stick to one home for as long as needed :smile:
Original post by Ciel.

Are your family military or something?
8 times, didn't even realise it had been that much. :lol:
Reply 16
Original post by CTLeafez
Are your family military or something?

it was kinda fun, but it also kinda sucked, in terms of making friends. but at least now i can blame them for my issues related to maintaining friendships, and for being addicted to moving house. gotta love that fresh start feeling 😂
about 13 times lol
Original post by Ciel.

20? Exaggerating.
Original post by Ciel.
it was kinda fun, but it also kinda sucked, in terms of making friends. but at least now i can blame them for my issues related to maintaining friendships, and for being addicted to moving house. gotta love that fresh start feeling 😂

You didn't answer the question
You're from a travelling circus ain't you 🎪
Only once in 24 years, thankfully.

Quick Reply

Latest