The Student Room Group

unmotivated a-levels

for the past couple months I've been lacking energy to revise, I can't concentrate at all, even when I try and force myself. My work is piling up but idk what's happened to me, coming from all As at GCSE to failing everything :frown: idk where to start
Are you in year 13?
I've been feeling a bit unmotivated too recently - I don't know if it is the dark weather, that I'm tired or what but I've found myself procrastinating a lot more. I would advise to try and do the 5 minute rule. This is where you make yourself revise for 5 minutes and then if you're still not feeling up to it - you have a break, you go have a shower, go on a run, journal etc. - what makes you relax. Typically after starting for the first 5 minutes you feel fine carrying on working and this limits procrastination but if you physically or emotionally feel you can't at least you got 5 minutes done :smile:
Reply 3
Year 12
Reply 4
Original post by jennifugh
I've been feeling a bit unmotivated too recently - I don't know if it is the dark weather, that I'm tired or what but I've found myself procrastinating a lot more. I would advise to try and do the 5 minute rule. This is where you make yourself revise for 5 minutes and then if you're still not
feeling up to it - you have a break, you
go have a shower, go on a run, journal etc. - what makes you relax. Typically after starting for the first 5 minutes you feel fine carrying on working and this limits procrastination but if you physically or emotionally feel you can't at least you got 5 minutes done :smile:

🙏🏼 thanks ill try this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending