The Student Room Group

weak cambridge admissions exam

i did the architecture admissions exam and i know it went bad. the essay was not great but not laughably atrocious. the drawing task, however, was really quite awful. my submitted portfolio is ok, definitely not bad but nothing really impressive and is probably mediocre compared to everyone else who got an interview invite.

do i have to perform really really strongly in the interview to make up fr it? or is there no chance? i'm feeling so unmotivated and doomed

edit: i don't know why this got put into the medical schools forum i didn't select that myself and don't know how to change it, sorry!
(edited 5 months ago)
Don’t stress and think positively. I personally think how you do in the interviews will definitely outweigh what you did for the admissions exam. You’ll find people who don’t do an essay type A level will have found the written difficult and those who don’t do Art or Design likely found the drawing difficult, Good luck for your interview next week
Reply 2
Original post by mymelo
i did the architecture admissions exam and i know it went bad. the essay was not great but not laughably atrocious. the drawing task, however, was really quite awful. my submitted portfolio is ok, definitely not bad but nothing really impressive and is probably mediocre compared to everyone else who got an interview invite.

do i have to perform really really strongly in the interview to make up fr it? or is there no chance? i'm feeling so unmotivated and doomed

edit: i don't know why this got put into the medical schools forum i didn't select that myself and don't know how to change it, sorry!

It’s not over til it’s over. Nerves got the better of my daughter in the essay and drawing tests and she messed them up spectacularly. Personally I didn’t think it was worth putting herself through the stress of the interview after what had happened but she wanted to see it through and I’m so glad she did. The interview went very well (and she had a strong portfolio) and ultimately got an offer. Good luck.
Original post by mymelo

Hi I didn't do the admissions exam this year but I was wondering if you could let me know what the questions was.
Hi there,

Stay positive! Almost everyone comes out of these things thinking they could've performed stronger or that it went badly but if you were not in the running then you would not have an interview. Just do your best and present what you have to offer. If they get a good feel from you from the interview then this will strongly boost your application. There is no use worrying about what's already done, just focus on what comes next and have confidence in yourself. You may have done much better than you think anyway!

Good luck with everything,
-Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending