The Student Room Group

Gynaecology referral

Hi so my situation is as follows...

I’ve discovered I have a septate hymen so wanted to go and get it checked out at the GP because basically I want to be able to use tampons properly. So she had a look and then saw that I have a possible skin condition down there so prescribed me some creams and referred me to the gynaecologist. BUT the septate hymen issue I went about was completely put to the side and I’ve been worried about it for ages and now I have to worry about it for another few months. And now the gynaecologist is going to think I’m doing about irritation when what I really want is to know if I can have surgery to remove my septate hymen. And it’ll probably be a man and I really really don’t want it to be! I worry a lot and can’t control my thoughts and now I’m just so upset and annoyed :frown: can anyone give me any advice?
Reply 1
Can I also add that she didn’t even confirm whether I have a septate hymen or not so I’m in the Unknown with that as well. I just want to be normal!
Original post by Anonymous
Can I also add that she didn’t even confirm whether I have a septate hymen or not so I’m in the Unknown with that as well. I just want to be normal!

Go back and see another doctor.
I have a septate hymen too, any advice you get pls let me know, also struggling.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so my situation is as follows...

I’ve discovered I have a septate hymen so wanted to go and get it checked out at the GP because basically I want to be able to use tampons properly. So she had a look and then saw that I have a possible skin condition down there so prescribed me some creams and referred me to the gynaecologist. BUT the septate hymen issue I went about was completely put to the side and I’ve been worried about it for ages and now I have to worry about it for another few months. And now the gynaecologist is going to think I’m doing about irritation when what I really want is to know if I can have surgery to remove my septate hymen. And it’ll probably be a man and I really really don’t want it to be! I worry a lot and can’t control my thoughts and now I’m just so upset and annoyed :frown: can anyone give me any advice?

How did you discover you have a separate hymen?
The GP should have explained the possible skin condition to you fully to alleviate your concerns. They are likely prioritising clinical need.
You can request a female gynaecologist if possible but if not, male gynaes always have a female chaperone in the room with you.

Quick Reply

Latest