The Student Room Group

Hi so I got a call from identity management modelling agaency

I want to know if this is a scam cos I got a call from identity management modelling agency I was told I needed to make a deposit of 75 pounds and it will be refunded the day I come for my assessment they gave a reason that most participants don't turn up and that's their investment
Really confused on this can someone help
(edited 4 years ago)
If they are asking for any money at all from you whether it is a deposit or for your pics then it is a scam.
They make their money from people like yourself paying for their photos to be taken.

What a legitimate model agency does it takes a percentage of the models earnings, usually around 15%. This means they have to actually get their models paid work in order to make their money.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonnorth
If they are asking for any money at all from you whether it is a deposit or for your pics then it is a scam.
They make their money from people like yourself paying for their photos to be taken.

What a legitimate model agency does it takes a percentage of the models earnings, usually around 15%. This means they have to actually get their models paid work in order to make their money.

Wow that’s why I really felt off about and I got another call from the ga11ery in market place fitzrovia of you have heard of it requesting that I needed to pay £50 deposit and it be refunded
Original post by Oawin
Wow that’s why I really felt off about and I got another call from the ga11ery in market place fitzrovia of you have heard of it requesting that I needed to pay £50 deposit and it be refunded

The Ga11ery in 26a Market Place are a scam I went there 3 weeks ago they promised me a job with Zara and took money from me and still waiting for my deposit back with no such job. I phoned them about 30 times a day on numerous numbers in box always full no reply A big Scam going on there .
Original post by Oawin

I have been a victim of this. They don't let you in without an appointment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending